Property Q&A in Phoenix>Question Details

Barbara Clark, Other/Just Looking in

What is the average monthly cost of utilities, water, cable etc. in the Phoenix, Az area for 3 bedroom/2 bath with pool?

Asked by Barbara Clark, Sat May 21, 2011

Answers

6
It depends on way too many factors. Cable alone can range from the low $20's to well over $100. Water consumption will also depend on the number of user, irrigations schedules, etc... Below is a table that will give you a general idea for the average electricity usage of some major appliances. The age of the house will also make a big difference in the heating and cooling numbers:
http://www.srpnet.com/energy/pdfx/E23May10.pdf

Carlos J. Ramírez, PC, ABR, CNE
RealtorCarlos@gmail.com
Associate Broker/Realtor, HomeSmart –
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
http://www.SmartAZRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 22, 2011
Barbara,

This varies greatly, and the SEER rating does matter. But, you can have 2 homes exactly the same and have very different electric bills for each home. Depending upon how the people living in the home use it and how many people there are...

You can call and get an average bill from the utility companies on any home you are looking to purchase. I believe SPR use to say that if you had a pool that your utility bills in the summer would be about $50 a month more.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call!

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
**Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley** (Out of over 40,000 Realtors)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
Hi Barbara:

Good question.

Really depends if you have a newer 17+ SEER AC system or an older 10+ Year 12 or 14 SEER system. Makes a big differnce (maybe $100/mo difference in the Summer months).

Many people actually do not turn the heat on in the winter....a personal preference.

Expect for an "average"

$275/ mo Electiric AC in hottest months
Water: $75-125 for water and sewage (depending on how many people living in the home. Also depends if you have a pool and grass. Expect more if you do
Cable: TV $60/mo more for premium channels

Jeff Masich, Realtor
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart
Scottsdale
Web Reference: http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
Hi Barbara,

There are many factors that affect utility bills. Different owners of the same house can have large variance in utilities.

My wife and I work from home and have 2340sf with pool and electric hot tub. Electricity varies from around $60/mo in winter to a peak of $260/mo in summer. Gas bill from $20/mo to $45/mo with an average around $30 (heat, cooking, hot water). Water bill usually in the $50 to $60 range (we have a large lot with fair bit of landscaping and lawn). We are quite conservative and do many things to be more green and our usage is probably below average. I have heard of $500/mo electric bills from people with smaller homes.

As The Urban Team pointed out, some utility companies will provide you with a history for a home.
The figures vary from summer to winter, type of landscaping if you have a pool, size of home, and number of people in the home. But here are some approximates:

Electricity: 120/month
Water/sewer/trash: 80.00/month
Gas: 35.00/month
Phone: 30.00

Hope this helps. FYI: once you identify a specific home you can obtain previous usage numbers from the various utility companies.
I can give you a general idea. I have a 1950 square foot block home with a diving pool that was built in 1968 and doesn't have double pane windows. The electicity is $230/month (just went up in price). My gas bill is $120/month in winter and around $30/month in the summer . My water bill ranges around $200/month in the summer, less in the winter. My cable, phone and Internet are bundled together and are approximately $200/month, but I have found out there is a less expensive option (total of $112/month) if I used another company during their promotion. I hope this helps.
how much is the average electric bill in arizona? i am doing an assignment in school and need help
Flag Mon May 6, 2013