Property Q&A in 90049>Question Details

Don Spiegel, Home Buyer in Studio City, CA

What is the average RENTAL price per square foot for a 2 bedroom 1 bath 1125 sq.ft. house in Crestwood Hills (Brentwood 90049):?

Asked by Don Spiegel, Studio City, CA Tue Jun 14, 2011

What rent could one expect to get for this small remodeled house on Tigertail Road on a 6500 sq ft lot with a beautiful view of Getty Center and Mt. St. Mary's College?

Hi Don;
As others have said, the answer is, "It depends".
It depends on the fit and finish, the view, the layout, the slope, the landscape and hardscape, etc. The two bedrooms is less of a factor than the one bath. If the bath is not generous and luxurious, it will not be a mid to high end rental. In addition, lack of a powder room will hold the value down. Eric and Ron are probably to high. I live in Bundy Canyon, backing to Crestwood, and I think you will probably have a 3 in front of it, but without seeing it, it depends!
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
(C) 310-422-4288
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
The price per sq foot is not the way to price a rental. You gotta consider the quality of the finishings, comfort of the layout and what's your competition on the market.
Tigertail Rd is one of my favourite places. The views are amazing, it's quiet and feels safe. People love that, but having only 1 bathroom is often a deal breaker.
There's really no way to price it acurately without me seeing it and running the comps. Contact me at 323-455-7575 or email and let's schedule appointment.
Just so you can compare... there is a rental on Tigertail that was on the market for a very long time. I guess the agent didn't price it right asking for it $5500/month. It has 2 bedroom, 2 baths, 1100 sq ft. Another agent came on board and priced it at $3900 and it finally got rented.
As you can see choosing the right agent meant everything here. Choosing the agent who say he/she can get you $5500 in rent will only cause your property to sit on the market forever. Make sure you get valid, black on white reasons why your property should be priced one way not the other.
You should be able to get between $4,000 to $5,500 depending on how it shows... If a tenant walks in and says "Wow!" - a good Wow, then you can get more... be mindful not to compare or price using price pr Sq Ft alone... renting a 4 bedroom 5 bath 6,000 sq ft home is very different than renting the one you asked about... so you cannot compare them by using price per sq ft...

your timing and competition of inventory is also something to evaluate...

Best of luck, and let me know if I can be of further help!
Web Reference:
Hello Mr. Spiegel,

It is hard to say without knowing the level of design, finishes, and the homes style and floor plan. This is definitely a desirable area though, and the views sound nice, so you should be able to garner in the $4500/mo range +/- I would think. I would have to see it and know some more information to give you a definitive number however.

I have done a ton of high end leases in my career, and I would be happy to schedule an appointment to come view the property and discuss this further if you would like. Feel free to contact me anytime Sir.

Best Wishes,

Eric Smilay
West Los Angeles Realty
T: 310.600.9172
twitter: @esmilay
Web Reference: