Property Q&A in Miami>Question Details

Ms.J, Other/Just Looking in Miami, FL

What is the HOA for 4616 SW 139 CT # C (Bent Tree) Miami, FL 33175 ? what does it include? do I have to get homeowners insurance on top of the HOA?

Asked by Ms.J, Miami, FL Wed Dec 1, 2010

Answers

6
Thanks Lila, I was looking at the Condos and I know I will need PMI since I will be financing but was not sure if I still needed Home Owners Policy since it is included in the HOA.
Now Im aware.

Thanks so much!
Good Afternoon Ms. J,

In answer to your question regarding homeowner's insurance, regardless of whether you will be obtaining FHA or conventional financing, all lenders do require insurance. The only way you are not required to obtain insurance, is if you own the home free and clear.

There are several units that reflect as available in Bent Tree, some of which are condos and other that are townhouses. In the condos, the homeowner's insurance is included in the monthly association fee, while the townhomes do not have homeowner's insurance coverage. In addition, if you chose to purchase a townhouse unit you would be responsible to any roof repairs or replacement. That of course is something to keep in mind.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Good luck on your home search.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX
Yes I am aware its a short sale.
Since I will be doing a FHA loan I was just not sure if the bank would require homeowners insurance for the property as well.
no the insurance is included in the HOA fees as per MLS, Did you know hat this unit is a short sale ?
You may e mail me at : rmorot@bellsouth.net if you have other questions,
Web Reference: http://www.rosiemorot.com
Thanks Rosie,
So I will still need a have insurance coverage correct?
Hello MsJ,
This is a condo /townhouse and the monthly HOA fees are $ 200.00 .The HOA fees cover the outside of building,maintenance and insurance.