Property Q&A in Phoenix>Question Details

Lesperu1, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

What is an average water bill for a family of 5 in Mesa Az...we have 2 baths and no pool

Asked by Lesperu1, Phoenix, AZ Mon Mar 18, 2013

Answers

6
Agree, the City of Mesa might be your best resource for this one.

I pay about $100 a month with 4 in the house and a pool/spa also. I think we are clean most of the time! HA

How high is your water bill?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
Everyone's usage is different. Even if you call the city of Mesa, I don't think they'll be able to provide an answer even if you give them a specific address. They don't give out that information unless you "own" the property
If you are worried about a high bill for water, turn off the water to the house and take a look at the meter to see if it is still spinning (registering usage) or if it is stopped as well. If the meter continues to spin with all water turned off to the house then the leak could be between the house and the meter. If there is visible water flowing but the meter is not registering it then the leak is on the street side of the meter and the city should fix that.
I think we have a winning answer... everyone's. Call the City of Mesa at 480-644-2221
There is no clear cut answer to your question. It depends on usage, including how many loads of laundry you do in a week, how often you run the dishwasher, how many showers per week, and whether there is a lawn to water etc etc.

Calling the utility company is the best idea. If you feel your water bill is excessively high for some reason, the utility company is also your best bet.
That will really depend on your usage. Are you considering a particular home? You could call the utility company and ask them for an estimate for the bill based on the size of your home.