Property Q&A in Rio Verde>Question Details

Betgrab, Other/Just Looking in Rio Verde, AZ

What is an acre of land going for in Rio Verde area? Around 140 St/Olsen Road?

Asked by Betgrab, Rio Verde, AZ Fri Mar 20, 2009

Answers

1
Betgrab,

I live in Rio Verde and own land here and two homes. The area is basically unincorporated and considered Scottsdale by it's address. It's also known more popularly as the "Rio Verde Foothills".

Land prices depend on a few different criteria so looking at lot land values on line and trying to compare them to each other is extremely difficult unless you are there to visually see the lot/land.

Most acreage listed here in Rio Verde will be 1.25 acres.

The price will depend on ease of access to the property, whether it has build-able area for a home or is in a direct flood plain, If it has a well or hauled water, how far off of the road way (dynamite or Rio Verde Drive) it is, if it has a well or hauled water, how far down the hill it is from typical sub divisions build near Troon and so on, how much set back there is from the washes, what is built next to it... I think you get the picture.

I live in Granite Mountain Ranch, which is basically it's own community with a water supply, paved roads, gated, electricity and the lots are divided up to an average area of 2.5 acres and are listed for 400-500k.

The prices will also depend on if it is bank owned or not.

So, bank owned 1.25 acre land parcels undeveloped (raw land) I have seen as low as 50,000 and then go up from there depending on the criteria above.

If you need more information or help let me know.

I hope this helps you.

Stew Keene
Signature Realty Group,
2008-2009 Master of Real Estate award