Property Q&A in Terre Haute>Question Details

Maxdouglas, Both Buyer and Seller in Terre Haute, IN

What have the trend of property values in Terre Haute, IN 2008-2009?

Asked by Maxdouglas, Terre Haute, IN Tue Jul 21, 2009

Answers

1
Max Douglas,

My name is Erik Armstrong and I am a Realtor here in Terre Haute. I work at Century 21. I have noticed a steady increase in business since mid-February when the First Time Homebuyer credit was improved upon. 2008 was a rough year for the Wabash Valley but keep in mind that on top of the National economy we also suffered a major drug manufacture laying-off 700+ jobs as well as a major flood that damaged many homes.

In July of 2008 we had 845 listings in our inventory, 148 under contract, 532 homes were sold (year to date), the average sale price was $92,539 and the average days on the market for a home was 89.

Compared to July of 2009 we have 713 listings, 157 under contract 445 closings (year to date), the average sale price is up to $97,355, and the average home spends 103 days on the market.

**These statistics are pulled from our local MLS. Information is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed.