Property Q&A in Wareham>Question Details

Lee, Home Buyer in Wareham, MA

What happens when your property has a state lien on it in massachusetts?

Asked by Lee, Wareham, MA Fri Apr 27, 2012

property was my grandparents because there daughter is handicapped probate is held off until she dies but her daughter and grandson live there with her.

Help the community by answering this question:


You will need to speak with a real estate attorney as well as a CPA regarding the tax & liabilities for the property. Assets gained from occupancy can be written off towards their inheritance potentially due to the lack of rent paid if that's the case. But a real estate attorney can best advise you on how to proceed.

Hope that helps, check back with us to let us know how you make out
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 27, 2012
Lee - I would speak with an Attorney and find out all the legal ramifications and bring all the paperwork you have pertaining to this.

Best of luck!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 27, 2012
You cant transfer property until the lien is paid/settled.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 27, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer