Property Q&A in Bradenton>Question Details

Irene O'brien, Home Buyer in 34221

What happens when you buy a house say for $100000 that was previously sold for $190000 are the property taxes?

Asked by Irene O'brien, 34221 Thu Jan 15, 2009

still the same?
Also if you buy a condo and some of the owners are in default with their HOA do the rest of the owners have to make up the shortfall?

Answers

3
Irene,
Property taxes will be prorated next year. This means .. you will be paying taxes next year based on $100.000.00
Maggie DaSilva
Re/Max Anchor Realty
941-875-4664
If you need more information please call me
Irene,

You would want to call the Manatee Property Appraiser's office and discuss the proceedure with them. We are seeing that taxes did come down from 2007 to 2008, some properties saw more of a drop than others. I always advise my clients not to put too much weight on the current taxes, as they always change. There are also factors such as homestead exemption and other exemptions that will change a tax amount.

Regarding the condo fees if other owners are in default, quite a few of the associations are currently assessing the owners for delinquent fees on defaulting units. The associations are bound to uphold the budgets that they pass every year and any short-fall must be made up.

Please let me know if I can further explain anything,
Maryann Lawler, REALTOR
Keller Williams Realty of Greater Manatee
Direct: (941) 586-8257
Maryann@MaryannLawler.com
You would need to petition city forward copy of sales amount. County tax office staff .

HOA fees read the terms & conditions HOA would have liened the property due to lack of payment would have receive there fees when property sold to another buyer.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com