Property Q&A in Austin>Question Details

Eafenn, Home Buyer in 02038

What do the HOA fees cover for this property?

Asked by Eafenn, 02038 Sun Apr 3, 2011

This question is about this property:…

Dear Eafenn,

According to the HOA Addendum on file in MLS, the monthl HOA dues cover the common area maintenance and the insurance on the structure. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like to see the property.

Janet Cloudt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 3, 2011
All of these answers are good ones, but your best bet is to forward an email to the listing agent, OR have your buyers agent correspond, just to know the specific items covered for that HOA fee. One word of advice when buying a condo, however, is to make sure it's FHA approved and that the renter to home owner occupancy isn't out of balance. If the percentage of renters is too high, you could be looking at a condo that is difficult to sell later on down the road. Also, make sure the condo association is in "good health". Feel free to call or email if you want to discuss what that means. But buy one in bad health, and you coudl be looking at an asset that's impossible to sell, and one that most likely won't appreciate. Good luck!
Great Location,
As you may have noticed, what HOA fees actually covers will vary dramatically between properties. Not only do you need to make sure your Realtor has gone over that with you. But, an additional point is to make sure you understand what you can change and not change with your property-you may need association approval for some changes and others may be prohibited. A few HOA have passed some unique requirements and you need to make sure you are comfortable with any restrictions that may be in place.
We, as Realtors, are here to help you understand all the specifics so you can make an informed decision.
Good Luck with your search, would be glad to help you in any way.

Sonia Roberts, Realtor®
Canady Realty
Home owner's fees are directly associated with the maintenance of a neighborhood with regard to resident expectations. In HOA neighborhoods, there are rules directly impacting what may and may not be done in the neighborhood by the residents, kind of like deed restrictions, but with a fee. Generally, this impacts beautification of the neighborhood, ie, no rv parking on the street, no excessive garage sales, or none at all, general maintenance of a property owners' land, grass must be kept cut, etc. These rules are all determined by and unique to each HOA so it is imperative to understand these prior to purchasing in a specific neighborhood. Also, HOA's charge a transfer fee to new owners buying in a new neighborhood, and then there are monthly HOA dues for neighborhood maintenance. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information about buying in a HOA neighborhood! Thanks - Lizz Grimes / / 512 - 659 - 2111. Thank you!
Hi, Eafenn.
Most HOA fees cover the following areas:
1) General/Administrative (annual tax prep, state filings, etc)
2) Maintenance
3) Insurance
4) Other expenses (call it a reserve allocation, for unexpected needs - like a new roof)

If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to ask on the board here or send a message to me or another agent you feel comfortable with.

Depends on the bylaws and management.
Usually its exterior, maintenance, landscaping and common insurance + any amenities in the community. However for specific details we'd need to contact the management company or get a hold of the HOA docs themselves. You're not going to get ALL the info from an MLS listing.

If you are not currently working with a buyer's broker, I'll gladly secure those documents and review them with you for more specifics.
If there's something in particular you seek or hope to avoid let me know and we'll locate the property within those parameters.

Call me with any questions Eafenn

Felix 512.585.8381
Director of Sales / Project marketing
Modern Urban Living
Web Reference:
I don't know what is coverd by the HOA. My guess is the common space and some form of inshurance on the structure and what not. The place looks nice hope the people on the HOA bored are nice. That really makes all the difference. If you buy it you could become tho king of the HOA. I'm not making any promises but I'd vot for you.

Buena suerte

Gustavo Tostado
Broker Texcella RE
512.751.1969 (c)
Section 5 Does not have HOA fee's.

Thank you

Wendy Boschert

These condos are just down the street from my house. Any HOA fee would be covering any common areas and insurance. I have lived in the neighborhood over 25 years, so if you have any other questions about the area, I'd be happy to help you.

Teresa Roberson