Marshall Ada…, Home Buyer in Lawrence, KS

What condition is the house in?

Asked by Marshall Adams, Lawrence, KS Thu Apr 10, 2014

Is the foundation cracked? Are there repairs that need to be done before the house would pass a safety inspection?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Kansas/Lawrence/sold/1000034421-…

Answers

8
The previous answer from Ms Webb is for 706 N 1750 RD, LAWRENCE, KS 66049 and not 620 Elm.
Mr. Adams,

The house is in reasonably good "ready to move in" condition. I feel the house would pass a safety inspection. The house was inspected before we put it on the market, and we have addressed the issues of concern. The house has five bedrooms (2 downstairs are considered non-conforming). There is lots and lots of storage in the home...every square inch of space can be utilized. There are brand new counter tops in the kitchen and upstairs bath. The upstairs bathtub was resurfaced and looks brand new. We put new faucets and light fixtures throughout. New ceiling fan in the living room. The home has solid wood floors (not composite) throughout. Downstairs has one large TV/Rec room, large laundry area and plenty of storage as mentioned earlier. New driveway pad, sidewalk and entryway. There is a new leaded glass front door. The basement walls have been reinforced with steel beams, so no danger of wall movement.

The air conditioner works really well, and the inspectors said it was in good condition. The furnace is relatively new and also works very well. The biggest asset, however, is the location. Very close to KU and shopping. If you would like to see the home, please contact our realtor, Mary Jones at 766-3023. Please call me or Mary if you have any other questions. Kindest regards, Raemona Webb (766-8827)
620 Elm went under contract 4 days ago. Please contact me or a buyer agent who can set you up with email alerts so as soon as a property matching your search criteria comes on the market, you will be alerted and we can go see it and get it before another buyer gets it.

Properties are going under contract very quickly right now so unless you have the assistance of a buyer agent, you will probably be finding out about properties too late. The web reference provides a link to only "active" single family properties in Lawrence. I hope it helps!
Text me
785 7667676
Not sure which house you are asking about
Laura Chaney
Sorry not sure which house you are interested in
Laura Chaney
7857667676 text me
The home located at 620 Elm in Lawrence KS went under contract on 4-7-14 and was a short sale or foreclosure. It was sold "as is" with no disclosures. Are you an investor or looking to purchase a home for you and your family? Do you have a home to sell? Have you been pre-approved by a mortgage lender? If you want to purchase a home within the next 4 months, please log on to my website: http://www.CarolineMerritt.com to view homes for sale and save your searches. I can refer you to a lender for pre-approval so you can begin your home search with a price point in mind. Thank you!
Marshall,

That property (620 Elm) is currently under contract. Regarding repairs needed in any real estate transaction, it will always be in your best interest to visually review the property during a walk-through. If there is enough interest to move forward, the advice of a licensed home inspector will generally answer your questions. Many times it becomes easy to listen to the words of trusted friends or weekend carpenters. Be very wary, however, as this may cost you more in the end. A home inspection report is one of the most important tools when evaluating any potential home purchase.

-Ken Schmidt
McGrew Real Estate
It looks like it needs some work... would be happy to tour it with you... text or call me... 785 785 766 6666 http://www.MartyHenderson.com