Property Q&A in Santa Fe>Question Details

Judith Swift, Other/Just Looking in 75231

What are typical HOA dues for Santa Fe condos and what do they cover?

Asked by Judith Swift, 75231 Mon Nov 2, 2009

This question is about this property:…

Hi Judith,

These HOA dues are very reasonable at $45/month for community area & road maintenance and insurance. This property sold in 2/28/08 at $460K and was on the market 331 days. Another unit in the same development just sold in 9/16/09 at $447K it was $247.10 per sq. ft. and sold at 94.11% of asking price. This is a great 4-unit development by Steve Collins. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hi Judith,
Like everyone has said, absolutely nothing typical about HOA fees in the "City Different".

I did check on this property for you, 2372-D Camino Hualapai. Seems like a bargain at $45.00 per month!
Web Reference:
As per the previous anwsers the HOA can vary from 0 to a several hundred a month depending on the size of the complex to the amount of amenities. Unfortunately this particular listing does not have any fees listed but I would be happy to get that information for you if you would like.
Most HOA's cover maintenance and insurance for common areas. Those with no fees have a "gentlemans agreement" to share in yearly insurance fees, and other incidententals such as road/driveway maintenance. Those with much high fees generally offer amenities such as tennis courts, swimming pools, walking trails.
Hopefully this answers some of your questions.
Hi Judith - There really aren't any "typical HOA dues" for condos - I've seen them range from several hundred up to several thousand dollars per year. I took a look at the listing you inquired about and, unfortunately, there is no entry for the monthly or annual HOA fees. The only thing I was able to ascertain from the listing is the part of your question about "what do they cover." For that property it appears that the dues only cover community maintenance, insurance and road maintenance.
There aren't "typical" dues really - they range from $120/month at a development like Zia Vista up to mid-$400's for a development with lots of amenities such as Quail Run. Look carefully not only at monthly HOA, but also at the state of the HOA's books - sometimes low fees mean bad news down the road as a community ignores looming infrastructure costs. A good realtor should help you discern the quality of a development to reduce the likelihood of 'surprises' in future years.