Property Q&A in Chicago>Question Details

Mario Favela, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

What are the repairs needed? Has the home been inspected for termites? Mold?

Asked by Mario Favela, Chicago, IL Wed Feb 10, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/price/3000985778-4210-W-31st-…

Answers

3
Mario,
The house is under contract. It is also a foreclosure, which means its probably in pretty bad shape. Even if its not on bad shape, you are buying it as is. So if you went ahead and got your contract accepted by the bank, you would be responsible for all inspections and repairs.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlamericorp@aol.com
708-250-2696
This is a forclosure and the brokers that deal with most of the foreclosures do not give you any usefull information on the listing sheet. You will need to make an appointment and see for yourself, but this is under contract anyway. The contract you write for any property gives you the right to test for mold, termites or anything else you want to test for. You can have a contractor come in and give you an estimate for repairs or many agents can give a decent ball park figure for you. You can do anything you want during the Inspection time frame of the contract (at your expense) and if you do not like what you find out, you can cancel the contract.
This building is small and looks rather dumpy from the outside. I can send you the listing sheet if you would like to see it.

philip

philip
Mario, I can gladly provide you with more information on this property and others, I actually have a property for sale in the little village on 31st and millard area, feel free to call me tomorrow for more information, thanks.
Veronica Cepeda
708 655 8800