Property Q&A in 92203>Question Details

Csquared, Home Buyer in 92203

What are the mello roos taxes in Indio, Ca. 92203; new construction?

Asked by Csquared, 92203 Thu Oct 13, 2011

Mello roos taxes in Indio,Ca. 92203.

Answers

6
Click the link. It will give you a break down of whats assest per property in Riverside county

https://taxpayments.co.riverside.ca.us/Search.aspx
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 16, 2012
Mello Roos are not determined by city or zip code. Mello Roos are determined by builders during the planning of a specific development, which can vary from even from street to street.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 30, 2011
The mello roos taxes are different for each property. Sometimes they are also called "special assessments" and they range anywhere from $600 per year to $3500 per year depending on the development and is based on the amount of the city bonds put in place by the developer upon sale. One of the things I do for my clients is when you are shopping for a property in North Indio, Cathedral City, or Coachella (these cities are most liekly to have the mello roos) I calculate the taxes as a base tax rate... usually 1.25% of the sales price plus the total dollar figure for the taxes. This helps you determine what the monthly payments will be when combined with a mortgage or your overall investment if you are paying cash.

You should also ask your agent about flood zones in that area as some properties are in flood zones believe it not.

Call me with any quesitons at 760-837-1488 or email me at slarue@franklinlc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 14, 2011
In Desert Trace how many years are the mello roo's in this community?
It depends on the gated community that you are talking about. There are some with "no" mello roos and others with a large mello roos.

Penny Jelmberg
Csquared,
For the most part Mello roos and special assessments are not done by zip code.
They are generally by development.
Taxes in Ca Start at around 1.1% of the assessed value. People guess that to be the purchase price, but sometimes the tax assessors assess for more or less.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes Realty
(951) 821-8211
harold@socalhomebuying.org
http://www.socalhomebuying.org
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992