Property Q&A in Chicago>Question Details

Care, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

We would like to request a showing with the listing agent as we are not represented by a buyer's agent.

Asked by Care, Chicago, IL Fri Oct 7, 2011

ASAP - Tomorrow would be great.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3063389372-4647-N-Winthrop-Av…

Answers

16
Hi Care.

It's a good idea to have professional representation. A skilled real estate broker will assist you to look at a property's pluses and minuses, put the property into perspective with respect to market value by applying specific, current and accurate metrics, and advocate on your behalf through the looking, finding, buying process. A skilled Realtor, too, will share with you relevant anecdotes to enable you to make what may be your single largest purchase/investment both comfortably and with full edification.

If what I am saying makes sense and the 10 years of experience that I have among the city's top brokers resonates with you, I will be happy to assist you. One thing I would like you to consider, and it may be present in earlier replies, by working directly with the listing agent you are not gaining much of anything. The listing agent works for the seller. His seller may agree and you may too agree to allow dual agency, but this leaves you bereft of a professional advocate to do what I state above. He also may ask you to sign a waiver whereby you receive simply ministerial acts. Again, you've got a whole lot of nothing when it comes to having informed and professional assistance. If not me, then select another real estate professional to guide you through this process.

Tom McCarey
The Real Estate Lounge Chicago with @properties
773.8489241
tom.mccarey@atproperties.com
Annual Award Winner from Chicago Assn of Realtors Since 2002
Check out My Top Rated Blog
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 7, 2011
Give me a call or email me and I can set it up
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 7, 2011
I see that the listing agent for the property responded already, so I'm sure you have already been through the place either with Mr. Sencer or with one of his associates. It looks to me like you're plenty comfortable with the necessary considerations for purchasing basic income-generating property.

I specialize in multi-family sales and rentals. I've been handling rentals in that general vicinity for six years. If you're new to investing in the 46th ward and you'd like to know a quick rundown on local rental activity levels I'm happy to share. As you build a rental inventory it's important to consider the area demand for housing and how this investment will fit in with your existing portfolio.

-Kay Cleaves, Baird & Warner City North
312-929-7077
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
I would be happy to work with you and show you the home. I work in the Uptown neighborhood and am familiar with it. Call me on my mobile 847.219.9366. Cathleen
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
the listing agent does not want to show you the house because the agent is not contacting you - if you want to see it please send me your pre approval letter and I will make an appointment with 48 hours notice as indicated
Web Reference: http://www.joeschiller.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
I would get a good buyers agent to help you out. This way you have someone to walk you through the process, at no cost to you. Interview two or three agents and go with the one you mesh best with. I would love to help you out. I just wouldnt go with the listing agent, because they represent the seller, not you.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Managing Broker/Partner, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com
If the listing agent shows you the property that is called a dual agency. The agent is required to have you
and their sellers sign a form stating that the agent is representing both of you. Both the seller and the buyer
than are represented by the same agent and must be aware of this by the agent and the disclosure form. If
you have no problem with the dual agency,you can find the contact information on the listing. If you have
a problem being represented by the seller's agent. You can find an agent that would be happy to show
you the property and represent you.
Debbie Bergthold-Smith Broker Classic Real Estate 708-267-5552
Care,
Call me and let's set an appointment to see the property.

Gregory Shephard
Real People Realty, Inc
708-955-6172
Hi Clare... The listing itself will have the agents info you need and you can go to them directly.

Is there a reason you don't want to use a buyers broker? Many buyers complained about RE and how everything benefitted the seller. And so, in 2000, the position of buyers broker became a celebrated achievement that buyers could have an advocate.

If you'd like more information on the whole process and how it all works, I'm happy to help. I have been a full time agent since 2003.

Eileen A. Ellis
Koenig & Strey
773.787-6551
http://www.eileenellis.net
Nothing wrong with asking the listing agent to show you the unit. If you like it come back with your own agent to look it over ask some questions you may have overlooked and write your offer. The listing agent should be able to tell you everything you want to know about the unit. Although a bit awkward, It is legal for the listing agent to act as a dual agent. Buyers agents don't like it, but its fair.
Hello Care,

You are going to be inundated with agents who can help you. I would like to be that person. I live close by in Edgewater and have owned my own brokerage there. Over the years I have done a lot of business in Uptown. I also own multi-unit investment buildings so am very familiar witht he nuances of these properties.
I am available tomorrow at your convenience. Please email me at ihalpin@jameson.com or call my cell 773.531.4479.
Many thanks in advance.

Ian Halpin
Broker Associate
Jameson Sotheby's International Realty
P: 773.531.4479
E: ihalpin@jameson.com
Care,
I specialize in this neighborhood and would be happy to set up a showing for you. I have a proven track record of finding homes that suit my clients lifestyle and budget. I am also a licensed architect and a developer and know the ins and out of multi-family projects and rehabs. Lets talk!
Jesse McGrath
@properties
312-545-2775
jmcgrath@atproperties.com
Please use your own agent. If you call the listing agent, then they have to be a dual agent. Who is their loyalty to? Protect yourself. Get your own agent. It doesn't cost you anything. Call Lane or look on Trulia for other agents in that area.
I would love to schedule an appointment to show you the condo! I'm available all tomorrow afternoon, you name the time!

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
OMG I AM A BUYERS AGENT, HOW PERFECT.. CALL ME?!?!?!??!??!??