Property Q&A in New York>Question Details

Home, Home Buyer in New York, NY

We work in NYC girlfriend and I are looking for a 2 family in a nice area outside the city with a train commute of 1-11/2 hours any help please.

Asked by Home, New York, NY Mon Mar 14, 2011

Pricing up to $400,000 we would love a 2 family in a nice quiet area. Must have train station close. Is there any parking free around the train stations?

Answers

16
I just saw a few 2 family homes that may be perfect for you and your family. Call me so we can see which area outside the city would best suite you.

Julia X.
646.529.0979
Station Realty of Douglaston
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 17, 2011
In Westchester and Putnam County we have a good supply of two family homes in your price range that are "walk-to-train". Feel free to browse the MLS and/or sign up for a ListingBook account with me and I will show you all of them within your account.
Thank you all for the helpful responses. We are at the first stage of buying and will be looking at all the responses.

Julia X.
646.529.0979
Station Realty of Douglaston
I would be happy to set you up with free account on Listingbook.com that would allow you to put in your own search criteria and provide you with everything that matches on the Long Island Board of Realtors' MLS.

Contact me at gail@gailgladstone.com or 631-425-6150 and I will set it up for you and you can control your own search that will be delivered automatically to your desktop.

Your very first task is to get a full pre-approval (subject only to contract and appraisal) so that you can be considered as a cash buyer. If you do not have someone to work with on this, let me know, I will provide some great options!
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
If you're lookign in NJ, Hudson, Bergen County contact Johanna Breen, you can reach her at josani@optionline.net or 201-913-9008. She's been in biz for approx 15 years, please note I do not receive any compensation from referrals.

Tony Lara
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
tlara@crrnyc.com
If you dont mind me asking, why do you want a 2 family? Are you interested in renting the other side to receive the income? Or do you intend to have a family member move in with you and share the costs?

The distiction is important because there are homes where you are permitted to rent either both or one of the units; and there are also homes that have accessory apartments where the local municipality will require that a relative live in one unit while you live in the other.
I work primarily in the Bronx and I think there are several areas that would be of great interest to you and your girlfriend. You would definetly be able to purchase a 2 family within that price range and also walk to the train station. The commute from some areas in the Bronx can be approximately 45 minutes to a hour, door to door.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty
1408 White Plains Road
Bronx, NY 10462
Tel.: 646-479-7873
Email: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
please contact Erika at 917-335-8569 or at divercomm2@aol.com for assistance.
We cover Nassau County, Brooklyn and Queens. We can assist you with your requirements. However i have a question, would you consider 1 family home that has everything you are looking for in a 2 family

Thank you and have a great day.

David A Goodridge, Realtor, SFR
Laffey Fine Homes, Luxury Portfolio
Leading Real Estate Companies of The World
241 Post Avenue
Westbury,
New York, NY 11590
C: 917.327.2026
F: 516.333.0321
dagoodridge@laffey.com
dgoodrid@gmail.com

http://kingdavidnyrealestate.housingtrendsenewsletter.com
REALTOR, REBNY and Manar Member

Helping You Make Your Home Dreams Come True!
Web Reference: http://www.laffey.com
I sell real estate in the Northeast section of Queens County, NYC which consists of the communities of Bayside, Little Neck, Douglaston, and Fresh Meadows. They are all part of the suburban areas of NYC and via the Long Island Railroad @ 30 to 40 minute ride to Penn Station/Manhattan. These communities are situated in school district 26, considered to be year after year the the highest performing public school district in all of NYC. Can get a 1 family to purchase for the high 400s/mid 500s. Two families are much more expensive.
You could also venture out onto Long Island. Legal two family homes are more scarce than in the city, however, there are some.
As you move out of the city, 2 family houses are harder to come by. In Rockland County, they are most often found in the villages. Nanuet, Pearl River, Suffern, Spring Valley are all along train lines into Secacus or Hoboken with Path service into the city. The lots around the stations have daily fees but most residents purchase an annual permit.

If you would like more information, call or email me.
As for free parking around the train< you may be able to park in some of the residential neighborhoods surrounding. At times signs are posted that limit parking to 4 hours or so to deter people from using the area as a parking lot.

Chris
Good morning, this is something my partner and I can definitely help you with. The best thing to do would be to give one of us a call so we can answer all of your questions and help you figure out the most convenient location for your budget.
Ceasar/ Cecilly
6463387267/ 3475748582
Exitrealtysearch
Hi, I am a Westchester County Buyers agent specializing in lower and upper county. There are a few areas that come to mind in your price range. Yonkers, which is right outside the city (about 20 mins on train), a few in White Plains (35 mins on train), Port Chester (45 mins on train), Cortlandt Manor (55 mins on train), Ossining (50 mins on train), and even areas in Putnam county like Brewster, Carmel, etc. If you would like to talk about setting up a "no strings" attached consultation I would be more then happy to meet with you.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023