Property Q&A in 75001>Question Details

Rita Brown, Renter in Carrollton, TX

We're looking for a rental home in the Addison/Farmer's Branch/Carrollton area that doesn't require a security deposit. Need a home

Asked by Rita Brown, Carrollton, TX Mon May 27, 2013

by June 1st! Any help ANYONE can give is greatly appreciated. Current landlord sold the house we're renting so we are being forced out.

Answers

4
Rita,

Is the issue a lack of cash? That in and of itself will likely be a red flag to the prospective landlord. Do you currently lease? If so, did the landlord require a security deposit? If you don't plan to get it back, once again, be prepared to explain why (i.e. did you do something to the property that caused you to forfeit the security deposit). I assume you don't have any pets. If you do, then there is no way, in my opinion, that you will find anything.

Best of luck to you in your search.
Hi Rita,

You will have a hard time to able to find a place without deposit.

You will need to search for apt complex. Sometimes they have specials with deposit. But you will have to have great credit

Dixon
If you still have a written lease, and that lease is in Texas, the landlord can't force you out. The landlord's purchaser would have to purchase the home subject to your lease.
New owners awaiting our departure....lease ends in June :(
Flag Mon May 27, 2013
I would be shocked to find this.
You might want to try apartments.
Sometimes apartments run specials where they don't have deposit or can let you pay out over 2-3 months.
Right now we have never seen this with housing.

Any chance you can rent from new owner?
New owners awaiting our departure....current lease ends in June. Most apartments that I've contacted want a $300 deposit, admin fee, application fee and any other fee they can add on OR they don't have any 3-bedrooms available, which we have to have because there are 5 of us. Thanks for replying.
Flag Mon May 27, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX