Property Q&A in 92066>Question Details

aruiz, Home Buyer in Ranchita, CA

We own this home and the people that were renting this property destroyed the inside of the house. What could we sell for?

Asked by aruiz, Ranchita, CA Mon Jun 4, 2012

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:


Seek damages ASAP. Get their employer info. If it's over $7500 and you think it's worth it hire an attorney but know they will take at least a third of any settlement if there is one. If it's less file a claim in small claims court. But do your homework first. Know where they work so that if you win you can garnish their wages.

That stated, if they're really flakey you may be trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip. Not a good thing. You could find yourself chasing your tail and end up with nothing. Best advice? Get over your grief and being totally P___st and deal with it. It's really all part of the rental game. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and move on.

Best word I've ever bellowed..............................................................................................................NEXT!!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 6, 2012

The very best thing you can do is ask an experienced Realtor to give you a valuation estimate. What they provide should take all of the necessary factors (size, condition, lot size, location, with a +/- factors for amenities and upgrades in looking at comparable properties.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Sales Specialists; New and Resale Homes
Property Valuation Specialists
Land Sales, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 5, 2012
Hi There,
All we can do is give you an idea as to what other properties in that area are selling for. I did a quick search and 37030 Montezuma Valley Rd which is a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom, 1362sf home on 10 acres sold for $144,900 last month! That home appeared to be in great shape though. I dont want to open a can of worms but tax records show that 37262 Montezuma Valley Rd has been foreclosed on and is now bank owned. Is that your correct address?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 4, 2012
yes what happened was we sold it a couple years ago to a man that ended up on his loan. So the house went back to us. Right now we are paying taxes on the SALE price of the house and not for what the house is actually worth. We need to get this re asessed and price out. I dont know if it is better to keep and fix or sell.
Flag Mon Jun 4, 2012
It would be in your best interest to consult a REALTOR in your area regarding the listing. There are different ways you may want to market the property. You can make repairs and upgrades and sell it for market value, or sell as a fixer and price it accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
SImply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 4, 2012
What kind of home guidelines would need to be met in order to sell, as far as the fabricated home was concerend and the lot itself?
Flag Mon Jun 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer