Property Q&A in Milwaukee>Question Details

Robert Lowery, Other/Just Looking in 30308

We may be moving to Milwaukee from Midtown, Atlanta. The Historic Third Ward looks great, but is it "safe"?

Asked by Robert Lowery, 30308 Wed Oct 28, 2009

"Safe" = able to walk around without great fear of armed robberies / violent crime.

Thanks!

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1086559129-205-N-Water-St-Mil…

Answers

7
Under fair housing laws, Realtors are not allowed to answer this question as it is a form of steering. I would recommend calling the local police department. They will be happy to answer the question for you & often give supporting numbers to their statement. (414) 933-4444
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 28, 2009
As others have said you can look up crime stats in Milwaukee in general. The Third Ward is a great location. I am working with a buyer right now and have toured many listings in the past three weeks. He is having trouble making a decision. If you like to be able to walk to anything- the market, restaurants, bars and coffee shops, you will love it. Some condos will offer river or lake views. Just south of the Third Ward prices are a bit lower, but in this market there are some good deals out there. Beyond safety, you will want to know how the area is during our famous Summerfest. Traffic increases a lot, but then again if love the idea of walking to a music festival for 10 days - you will be in the right place. Let me know if you would like any help finding a great home in Milwaukee.
Mo
Web Reference: http://modalyhomes.com
The third ward of Milwaukee is a neighborhood that has been on an Upswing for many years, there are many nice condos and restaurants there. However the neighborhood to the South & south west of the third ward is still problematic; 1/2 half mile and your in the hood... I would take my wife for dinner late at night and feel comfortable but i wouldn't feel comfortable with her walking around the outskirts of the Third ward late night like i would on the upper East side of Milwaukee or Bayview.
Sorry, it would not let me put 2 links below before. Please see Third Ward link below. Again, I would not worry about violent crime in the Third Ward. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Hello! You will love Milwaukee and the Third Ward especially. Check out their web site, listed below in web references. You can also find a wealth of information on the city of Milwaukee's web site, also listed below. The Third Ward is an urban area so you will find crime, esp car break ins, etc. but I have always felt safe walking there, no matter the hour. I had a good friend (single woman) who lived at the Broadway for years and never had a worry. (Hope it goes without saying that basic safety precautions should be followed anywhere, of course.) The Third Ward has a lot to offer: great condos, shopping, restaurants, theatre, Neroli spa, etc. I also have a good friend who lives at the Harbor Front who would be happy to chat with you, just let me know
Web Reference: http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/
It is a nice area and and very popular with many restaurants and shopping. I'm there with friends on a weekly basis to grab a bite to eat or get an after work drink. I relocate a lot of the doctors from the Wisconsin Medical College to this area because of the nice condos along the riverfront. It's as the last comment "as safe as you make it" It is city living but this area is pretty safe. If you have more questions and would like more info, feel free to contact me.
Dave Eyrise
Realty Executives
262.901.0801
daveyrse@me.com
Web Reference: http://www.daveyrise.com
Hi the third ward is as safe as you make it. We go into the third ward at least montly at night with no concerns about our safety. I would be happy to show you our great city on the great lake when you get here.