Property Q&A in Ronkonkoma>Question Details

Kelly, Home Buyer in Ronkonkoma, NY

We are really interested in seeing this house but would like to know why the price was reduced so much? In 4 months the price of the home dropped$250?

Asked by Kelly, Ronkonkoma, NY Tue Apr 27, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1043754090--Ronkonkoma-NY-11779

Answers

2
Kelly -

From my perspective, you searching on trulia for a home to buy, in this market, is like me going to Alaska to ice fish. the chances of me catching anything are very slim, because I don't know how to ice fish.

I see this more times than not - people looking "for a deal". They're out there, but you're not going to find them on your own, on trulia.

This house is a short sale - and in my opinion, unless the home has something signficantly wrong with it, it is priced too low and thus, will be denied approval. BUT, there are so many other variables of information that need to be determined before moving forward on any short sale. That's where an agent like myself can help a person like you.

With short sales specifically or even REO (bank foreclosures), you need to work with a realtor to get a deal - period.

Too many buyers are out there and missing out on the greatest opportunity in our lifetimes - to buy at an extremely low interest rate and purchase a home that's 35% down in prices (near 2003 levels!!!)

So you can visit the web link and read up a bit on short sales - i welcome the opportunity to assist.
Kelly,

This home, according to MLS, is in contract as a Short Sale. Please contact either myself or another trusted agent to help offer you advice on this subject.