Sean, Home Buyer in Hilton Head Island, SC

We are looking to purchase a villa on Hilton Head to use a couple of times a year and also rent out. We have stayed at Fiddler's Cove and really

Asked by Sean, Hilton Head Island, SC Sat Jan 16, 2010

like it. What are the pros and cons of purchasing in this complex? Also, like HH Beach and Tennis resort, but just found out that banks won't do mortgages here, why not? Any opinions on these 2 properties would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

4
Sean,
If you are looking for a Realtor to help you, I would recommend either Bobby Sandell with Remax. Bobby has been successully selling real estate in the Hilton Head area for many years. He is a professional and downright nice guy. Please let me know if you would like me to send you his contact info. My email is mguthrie@roywheeler.com
Web Reference: http://www.roywheeler.com
Hi Sean,

Great Area. There are 67 properties active, ranging from 84k -295k. Some have owner financing, some bank financing. To answer your question some actually say in public remarks "Bank Financing now available". The values and deals seem to be on all ranges of properties. Go to ndprealtor.com ,click on properties then mls search area 7 Folly field then sub area Fiddlers cove. Enjoy.
If I can ever Help,Please let me know.
Thank You

Nick Principino Realtor,I.R.E.S.,SFR Certified, KW Commercial
Keller Williams Reality HHI
ndprealtor.com
ndprealtor@ charter.net
843-368-9022
Web Reference: http://www.ndprealtor.com
Hi Sean,

The reason that banks won't lend on HH Beach and Tennis is because the complex does not meet FNMA (Fannie Mae) guidelines and the banks can't sell the loans to FNMA. The reason is that they have an on-site rental office as well as several investors who own multiple units - it is known in the financial world as a condotel.

Fiddlers Cove is a nice complex and is in a good location. Some of the villas there are in great condition. Others look like they did when they were built in the 80's and have a lot of wear and tear in addition to being dated. All that said, there are some great values to be had there. There is no problem in financing a Fiddler's Cove.

Hope that helps - I would be glad to chat with you on the phone if you'd like to give me a call.

Good luck in your search.

Expect the best!
Julie Toon Pawley, ABR, CCIM, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, RRS, TRC
Real Estate Broker
Hilton Head Island, SC
800-845-3520
Fiddlers Cove is a nice second home/rental property. Most of my buyers over the years have done well doing their own rentals thru VRBO or marketing in their local papers, or at work, church etc.
No on site rental co at this time. Regime fees and insurance are reasonable.
E-z beach access and plenty of on site amenities. I believe financing is available.
Carol Keller
Keller Williams HHI
843 384 9188