Property Q&A in 01970>Question Details

Cassandra At…, Home Buyer in Australia

We are interested in purchasing this property.

Asked by Cassandra Atherton, Australia Sun Sep 28, 2008

We love this place and even though we live in Australia we spend a few months of every year in Boston. We are thinking of buying this property and just wondered how we might go about doing this and if, as Australians, we can purchase real estate in the US.
--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1045823644-18-Leavitt-St-3-Sa…

Answers

3
Have you considered looking for a Realtor who is a member of FIABCI/ International Real Estate Federation? They specialize in overseas relocation and are up to date on all of the requirements and legalities involved with expatriating from a foreign country to here in the United States.

Last week I attended the FIABCI-USA Annual Luncheon at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City, and we went over some of the latest developments concerning international real estate transactions. If I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me via email at elizabeth@elizabethherbert.com
Cassandra,
You can purchase a home here! I am pleased that you find Salem so appealing. It was just named on of the best places to live! I have been helping people for 23 years find their "Perfect Property". I would highly recommend before you look at property, you find an agent that knows all the different neighborhoods that Salem has to offer, so you can identify what is the best fit for you! From Historic Derby Wharf, to the antique homes of the McIntire District, to the thriving downtown, or the Historic Salem Common. They all have a very different vibe. Check my websites: TedRichard.com and HistoricSalemHomes.com for some valuable information that may be of help in your search.
Web Reference: http://www.TedRichard.com
You can! Money would have to be sent here to a U.S. bank to cover everything and the funds would need to be verified due to the patriot act! Woud you travel to the states for the closing or you would need to have someone appointed as power of attorney!

Where is the home?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 28, 2008