Property Q&A in Cumming>Question Details

Yocelyn, Home Buyer in North Miami Beach, FL

We are aware this house is under contract but how many square feet is the home? Thank you

Asked by Yocelyn, North Miami Beach, FL Mon Jul 27, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1073583008-4515-Upland-Ct-Cum…

Answers

5
Hello Yocelyn,

I know it seems odd that square footage is not used in our ads here in metro Atlanta, but that is because square footage is not always easy to determine. In fact, I have refinanced my home and found that the square footage reported on our appraisals has not been consistent, and also differs from what is listed in the tax records. That being said.... for the home in question, I found on the county tax records that the first floor is 1764 square feet. This does not include the garage, porch or back deck. The second floor is listed as having 1949 square feet. The listing info on Trulia also includes a "finished basement", but the tax records do not reflect any info about how much of the basement is finished. Usually the basement is about the same size as the first floor though. Again, I want to emphasize that these numbers may not be exactly accurate, but it is directly from the sketch that the county has on file. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I am a Realtor in Cumming, GA.

Karen Mastrangelo
Results Realty Services
404-406-8050
It is NOT illegal for a licensed RE agent in Georgia to quote square footage. We are not allowed to disclose the square footage on any advertisements including Multiple Listing Services or Trulia or Zillow...etc. As long as it is in the Tax Records, however, we can relay this information to anyone. It is public information at that point and is perfectly legal to disclose.
Jodi was right. There is no reference to square footage in the tax record. But I would like to point out that it is NOT illegal in the state of GA for an agent to give square footage, so I would definately recommend contacting the agent.
I see you live in the Miami area. Are you planning to move to North GA. I moved from FL 10 years ago and I love it here. I would be happy to assist you in your home search. Please feel free to contact me direct with further questions at lprovenson@prudentialga.com
I also would be happy to contact the agent for you if you have additional questions.
Leah Provenson
Sorry Yocelyn. In Georgia, it is against the law for a licensed real estate agent to quote square footage. I guess too many agents guessed wrong and they decided to prevent that from happening!
Web Reference: http://www.mysouthhomes.com
I looked up the tax records and there is no indication of the square footage of this house. I know the listing agent and she is awesome. Her name is Cindy Komar at 770-235-9032. I would call and ask her...she probably has it. Tell her Jodi Smith sent you!