Property Q&A in Newcastle>Question Details

Nora, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Was this home listed a few months ago as a 2 bed 1 bath? If so, what has changed so that it is now a 3 bed 2 bath? Thanks for your help.

Asked by Nora, Sacramento, CA Fri Oct 9, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1087833800-7001-Ridge-Rd-Newc…

Answers

6
This property is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home WITH a 2 bedroom, 1 bath living space over the garage. It was listed back in September of 2007 for $899K, but the owners withdrew the property from the market. Does this home interest you? I would be happy to show it to you, if you would like. This is a great value in today's market. E-mail me @ seekaty@seehometown.com if you'd like to tour this home.....or any others:)

Katy Orellana
Sales Manager, HomeTown Realtors
Hi Nora,

Maybe I was unclear. this is a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath home PLUS a 2 bedroom/1 bath unit above the garage. So, if you are in need of a 3B/2ba, this could do it for you! Plus, you would have a nice space above the garage for guests or in-laws, etc.

My apologies if I was unclear! My offer still stands to take a look at it anytime...

Katy Orellana
seekaty@seehometown.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 11, 2009
Jim, thanks for the history. I really need at least a 3/2 for my family but I've always loved craftsman homes. Unless I ship one of the kids out to the addition, it doesn't sound like this property will work for us. I guess I'll have to keep looking.
The extra bed and bath are over the garage. They were added on a few years ago. The original house is much older than the garage and the quarters above the garage.

The previous posting from a few months ago ignored the addition. The previous posting was not a listing of the property for sale by an agent, but an extract from public records. It was simply a notification that the house was undergoing foreclosure. Foreclosure postings are not accurate.

Having said that, any buyer going into contract is well advised to check the county for the status of permits for the garage and its living quarters.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
According to trulia this home sold as a 2/1 last month. Now it's listed as a 3/2. I understand it's bank owned but am confused how it could grow a bed and bath in less than a month.
A 48% price reduction from 2007. That is an unusually drastic decline for a house in Newcastle,

You expect to see 50% price declines in Elk Grove, Natomas and Lincoln, but Newcastle?

I smell a bargain.