Property Q&A in San Antonio>Question Details

Benito Bazan, Home Owner in 78245

Was a flood insurance claim ever filled for this home due to home foundation shifting?

Asked by Benito Bazan, 78245 Thu Dec 2, 2010

I purchased this home in November of 2008, and has a flood problem on the northwest cornner.

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi, Benito,

The answers you have received are correct as far as they go. Your home does not appear to be in a FEMA designated flood zone. You can check the maps for your self at:…

Any flooding you have epxerienced may stem from improper lot drainage, poorly installed gutters or drains, of new construction in adjoining lots whihc forces water your way. A qualified landscaper should be able to help you to correct those problems.

If you need the names of reliable foundation repair companies, please feel free to contact us.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR®
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010

Have them pull a C.L.U.E report! Your insurance company will be able to tell.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 2, 2010
Your insurance agent can pull what's known as a CLUE Report. This stands for Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange, and is a 3rd party based system.

The report is used for many things, such as "scoring" you and your home for insurance rates. It's used for more than just home insurance though, it's used for auto and personal as well. And most of the public really has no idea about it.

I did find a great website that goes into detail the information a CLUE report has in it as well as how that information relates to your privacy rights, etc. It can be fouond at

Good luck and I hope this helps!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 2, 2010
You will need to check with your insurance agent and have them pull a CLUE report.

Unless you are in a flood area, it is very unlikely you have flood insurance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 2, 2010
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
You would need to contact your insurance agent to pull the CLUE report.
Very few homes likely have "flood" insurance....unless you are in the flood plain.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 2, 2010
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer