Property Q&A in Riverview>Question Details

ilund, Home Owner in Seattle, WA

WHy is the photo of an alley in back of the house instead of the streetview from the front on Webster Street?

Asked by ilund, Seattle, WA Tue Jun 18, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Washington/Seattle/sold/124925-1…

Answers

3
Ilund,
Trulia gets their pictures from Google Street view if a property is not currently listed for sale. This picture could be recent or several years old, depending on when the Google cars last came through. When I opened the link the first time, I saw different picture than this time, so who knows what's going on with Google.
THanks, Dan.

yes--the google photo actually used to be of the house - -not a back alley.
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
This would be an excellent question for Google. In many cases we find the orientation of the street view is odd and focused on the street, driveway, vehicle access more than the home itself. Given Google is trying to capture the location for mapping purposes, this makes sense. For real estate, not so much. Heaven help us if Google decides to enter the real estate business.
Ignoring the vehicles, the photo appears to be the front of the house. Actually, two homes are seen in the photo and it appears they may share a parking pad ---in front of the homes.
I live there and installed the fence. I can assure you that it is the back of the house, in a private alley, no less. What you are looking at is a shed and a garage behind my fence. Any cars you see are in the alley, in front of private homes.
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013