Property Q&A in New York>Question Details

Emilija, Renter in New York, NY

Together with my 2 friends, I am going to work in New York City during this summer (from 12th of June).

Asked by Emilija, New York, NY Sat Jun 2, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3083449268-131-West-St-New-York…

Answers

6
I have some nice properties that in Manhattan if you are interested. Please contact me at 212-714-1027 ext 15. My name is Marinel. Thank you and good luck.
The referenced property appears to be a by owner rental with no contact information on the contact property tab, however you can try clicking on sublet.com; keep in mind that scams do exist, therefore if you proceed in trying to locate the owner, always verify ownership before exchanging any money/personal information. Consider working with an agent. http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/rentalscam.shtm
What is your question about this property? If you are asking if it is real, that is a good question, as the last time a real one bedroom rented for 1400 dollars in Manhattan was at least 10 years ago.

I would consider any listing on sublet.com which is drastically underpriced to be a likely scam, for your information. If you inquire to the supposed "owners" they may ask you to send them a 500 dollar deposit, before you even view the property. If you get a letter like this, report it to the Attorney General, so they can conduct an investigation and hopefully catch the scammers.
This listing says it is with sublet.com. You would have to contact them directly.
Hi Maggie, I work in Manhattan and we specialize also in short term rentals. Angelan@nestseekers.com or call me at 718-791-5427. Best of Luck!
Please call me at 516-444-2365 ...Bibi (Maggie) Singh.... Danrich Family Homes