Property Q&A in Albany>Question Details

Unidentified…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Three questions about 92 3rd Avenue.

Asked by Unidentified Internet Roamer, New York, NY Sat Apr 13, 2013

1. Public records list 6 bedrooms, but the listing only lists 2. What happened to the other 4 bedrooms? Are they currently being rented out? If so, for how much?
2. What's wrong with it. I don't see how something that cheap could be on the market for that long without something being seriously wrong with it. I heard from someone who lives there, that there's an insane asylum (or something like that) down the street, but I still can't imagine that being the sole reason this house hasn't sold yet.
3. Is it in livable condition? Doesn't have to be comfortable living, just living.
(Property in question: http://www.trulia.com/property/17723597-92-3rd-Ave-Albany-NY…)

Answers

2
The listing does list 2 "other" rooms, which may be rooms without a window or too small that the listing agent didn't consider bedrooms but the public listing does. That only leaves 2 unaccounted for bedrooms!
The home is listed in "Poor" condition, which is the lowest category. I would assume it is unlivable without a lot of rehab. It's being sold "as-is".
The listing also says that it must be purchased as a package with 289 Sherman Street which is on the market for 39000. This could be a major reason why it hasn't sold. (Or why 289 Sherman hasn't sold!)
Hi there,

I would recommend working with a buyer's agent that you trust. On listed properties, a buyer's agent works at no cost to you. This means you'll get an expert's advice and opinions for free! Your questions are pretty specific, so if you're serious about buying, that would be my suggestion.

Best of luck to you!
~Tori Romeo
NYS Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Certified Buyer Representative
Bliss Properties of NY
tori@blisspropertiesofny.com
518-788-8865