Property Q&A in Morristown>Question Details

Sandra Mcneil, Home Buyer in Morristown, NJ

This property was purchased by me over two months ago, is it possible that you can take these pictures down from the internet?

Asked by Sandra Mcneil, Morristown, NJ Thu Jul 22, 2010

I understand the sale being public knowledge, but the pictures being available still seem a bit invasive.
Thank you so much!

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1034661621-7-Ogden-Pl-Morrist…

Answers

5
Sandra,

I agree with the rest and ask the listing agent, listing broker to remove them. I recently had an off record conversation about this with Whoopi Goldberg mainly regarding how interior pictures, especially if accompanied by a virtual tour of a home can somewhat make the homeowner and/or their family vulnerable to crime, not only a celebrity but any homeowner. Unfortunately when a home is for sale, buyers want pictures!!! Some buyers won't even stop to look if the house doesn't have pictures but once the house is sold, the new owners shouldn't have to have the interior of their new home on display and it although the sale is public record, the interior shots are not.

Good luck and reach out to them as quickly as possible via telephone and I would also confirm it in writing either via fax, email or snail mail.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
973-715-1158 cell
973-575-6353 ext 17 office
Gina@GinaChiricoRealEstate.com
Hi Sandra,

You need to speak to the listing agent and see if they will remove them. It is not a requirement to remove them. The pictures were not intrusive when the house was posted for sale and they are basic with none of your belongings or personal items in them. Besides, the Builder may want them avaiable for reference.
Although, I also remove pictures online when a listing is sold.

Either way, it is the listing agent that would have to remove them.
Sandra, Marc is right - if you ask your agent, he/she should be able to remove the photos or have someone at the brokerage do it. But you might be wondering WHY they are still there. It's possible (though I can't say for sure; I don't know your agent) that he/she might have left them up in an attempt to lure new buyers, if not for the particular house you bought, but for other similar ones in the area. I am not criticizing that approach...I believe it's understandable to want to seek more business in an area where this agent has already been successful. However, at your request it's an absolute must that the appearance of availability be corrected, and any photos removed. Best wishes to you.
Hi Sandra,

Speak to your agent. The interior pictures can definitely be removed. When I close out my listings, I remove the photos from Trulia. Your agent should be able to do the same.

Good luck in your new home!

-Marc

Marc Paolella
Relocation Director/Appraiser
Century 21 Joe Tekula Realtors
Phone (direct): (973) 584-4235
Coolest map-based home search: http://www.marcpaolella.com
The pictures will be there forever.