Property Q&A in Southampton>Question Details

Ondrej, Home Buyer in Northampton, MA

This property was bought for 140 000$ in January 2007 and is being now sold for 199 000. True value ?

Asked by Ondrej, Northampton, MA Thu Apr 2, 2009

I love the way this house looks, seems perfect, great location, great land. I don't mind doing lots of renovations, but is there something that is not fixable? Besides structural work, which I don't want to do, but mold? Is it possible to get rid of mold damage?

This question is about this property:…

Here's the recent MLS History:

70670418 PCG 74 Russellville Rd Southampton, MA 8 room, 5 bed, 2 bath Colonial 879 $199,000
70565421 EXP 74 Russellville Road Southampton, MA 9 room, 5 bed, 2 bath Colonial 356 $339,900
70440166 EXP 74 Russellville Road Southampton, MA 9 room, 5 bed, 2 bath Colonial 172 $379,900

It shows in the public record the current owner purchased for $140K but that might just be 1 of 2 mortgages on the property. You should consult the sellers disclosure statement which this property has. Everything is fixable, it just depends on your financial position & the individual needs of a property. I don't know if there's mold in the property but mold can be remedied, you'd have to consult with a licenced mold remediation company to discuss the how's and how much $$ for different methods & needs.

Start with the property disclosure statement, then engage the services of a professional home inspector to get the best evaluation of the current status of the property. They'd be the next level of investigation, you could also check with the town building/inspectional services dept. for recent permits etc. also check with the board of health & zoning to check for any issues as well.

Hope that helps,