Property Q&A in Reston>Question Details

Kris, Home Buyer in 22043

This is fantastic, can I put an offer in?

Asked by Kris, 22043 Tue Aug 18, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1084719293-11909-Barrel-Coope…

Answers

4
Sonal Goda’s answer
Hi Kris - I work in Reston a LOT. I showed this property to some other clients - it was very big but in pretty rough shape and would require a rehab loan or a cash offer. FHA definitely would not allow a buyer to purchase a property in this condition. There's another one that recently came on the market in Reston that I'd like to show you if you're not working with an agent already. Please contact me if you'd like to learn more.

Sonal
Kris,

According to the agent notes in the MLS, the deadline for submitting offers has already passed and the bank is reviewing the offers that were received, so the listing should really be in "Temp Off" status versus "Active". That being said, it doesn't hurt to have your agent contact the listing agent to get see if you can add your offer to the others, since it is still listed as Active. It is a bank owned property being sold in As-Is condition, so it is critical that you get a look inside before writing an offer so you know what you're getting into. Finally, be sure to carefully read any bank addendums that you are asked to sign, as they are written in the banks favor and frequently transfer expenses that would normally be paid by the seller over to you as the buyer.

Hope that helps and good luck in your search!

AJ Heidmann, ABR, CRS, e-PRO
Cell 703-474-1260 ~ Office 703-518-8300 ~ Fax 703-518-8314
AHeidmann@CBMove.com
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
310 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Licensed in Virginia
have you been able to see other homes in the area? If you like to view all call or email info@realtygeeks.com
703 626 3327

Monika

ANd yes you may generate a snapshot from our website from left to see what others are selling for.
Web Reference: http://www.Realtygeeks.com
kris, i would be happy to help you write up an offer....please call me at 703-898-4771 so we can arrange a time to get together...