Property Q&A in Scottsdale>Question Details

Joel, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

This home was showing for $7,250,000.00 and built in 2013... but disappeared. Found it listed again for $1,556,000 and built in 2010... What's up?

Asked by Joel, Scottsdale, AZ Fri Oct 11, 2013

This question was asked from this property:…

So that property finally closed on 10/15/2013! The final sales price was $6.25M which is $1M less the asking price.

I hope this information has helped!

Jake Edwards
Mountain & Desert Properties of Arizona, LLC
Phone: 602.743.4081
I'd be happy to research this further for you.What is the address for the property?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
The home is listed for sale at $7,250,000 and has recently gone under contract.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Ahhh...the 15-acre Contemporary home in the village of Lone Mountain in the community of Desert Mountain. This home was quite popular when it was featured on a few of our self-hosted Desert Mountain Luxury Home Tours.

This home was actually never lived in and it was thought to bring and target buyers of corporations for retreats--given the design and layout of the home.

I'm not quite understanding why there was a listed value of $1.556M? If indeed it is the value of the land, in my day-to-day experience at Desert Mountain, that valuation is quite a bit off. The land was purchased for just under $2.5M and 5-acres of that land has since been improved.

See, there are (3) 5-acre parcels of land there--the 5-acre parcel the home is built on, another 5-acre parcel to the north and another 5-acre parcel to the east--all purchased to preserved the mountain views and privacy.

I, for one, am excited to see what that home actually sells for. I have watched that home from the process of being built to when it was first put on the market.

If you ever have any questions about Desert Mountain, I'm a just an email or a phone call away.

Jake Edwards
Phone: 602.743.4081
The home is showing as pending on the MLS since August 26, 2013. It was listed for $7.25M.

For a list of million dollar homes in Scottsdale you can go to…

Jose Dias, REALTOR
(623) 418-5700
email: jose at
Joel - The house is currently under contract and the amount of $1,556,000 is probably only
the land value.
Susan Williams
Hunt Real Estate ERA

The reason this listing disappeared from public websites is that's the home is under contract and currently in a Pending status. The listing you now see is just an estimate of value. The value listed is for the raw land and not the improvements.

This home was on the market for 338 days. It went under contract on 8/26/13 and off market on 9/25/13.

To view all of the homes for sale in Desert Mountain, you can visit the link below:

If you would like to be notified if this home becomes available again, please let me know and I'll monitor it for you.

James Wehner
West USA Realty
Pending Sale since Aug of this year. Land and Construction history is the conflict on what you see. This home was recently completed. It's a stunning home.
Let us know how we can serve you.
Laura Myers
Keller Williams Arizona Realty

9401 E AW Tillinghast RD Scottsdale, AZ 85262 $7,250,000

MLS# 4838458 Residential Single Family - Detached Pending
Beds/Baths: 3 / 3.5
Bedrooms Plus: 3
Approx SqFt: 8,089 / Appraiser
Price/SqFt: $896.28
Year Built: 2012
Pool: Both Private & Community
Encoded Features: 33.5FRXPSAO4G
Exterior Stories: 2
# of Interior Levels: 2
Dwelling Type: Single Family - Detached
Approx Lot SqFt: 667,513 / County Assessor
Apx Lot Size Range: 10+ Acres
Subdivision: Desert Mountain
Tax Municipality: Scottsdale
Marketing Name: Lone Mtn - 29, 30, 36
Planned Cmty Name: Desert Mountain
Builder Name: Phil Smith

Cross Streets: Pima Rd and Cave Creek Rd Directions: East on Cave Creek Rd to Desert Mountain Parkway, north to Desert Mountain Gate House. Guard will provide additional directions and a map.
Public Remarks: This is, without exception, Desert Mountain's finest statement home. Newly completed & never lived in, this contemporary masterpiece is positioned on 15 private hillside acres with commanding views of the Geronimo course, distant valley vistas & evening lights. The highest level of sophisticated finishes were styled by renowned interior designer David Michael Miller & include Indian Rosewood Cabinetry, German-designed plumbing fixtures, Bees's Wing Eucalyptus interior doors, Venetian plaster throughout & flooring of South American Mahogany, French limestone & Calcutta marble. The home is exceptionally engineered with subterranean water tanks, a natural gas generator, a steel frame wall system, 2nd level concrete sub-flooring, commercial-grade windows & doors & many more custom features
Looks like this property went pending on 9/25 and it was built in 2012- meaning an offer was accepted. Not sure why Trulia had it as anything else. I can definately set you up on listing alerts and access so you can see what is happening direct from the MLS which is accurate and shows you what is happening right away. Let me know if I can help,
Cathie Smith
currently pending sale @ $7,250,000 which is why it doesn't show to the public.
Tax records indicate 2010 construction, probably took 2 years to build resulting in the 2012 date.
The $1,556,000 estimate is probably just for the land.
The price you see is not a listing price, it is an estimated market valuation by Trulia. It is not listed for sale.