Property Q&A in Austin>Question Details

meganheseman, Renter in Austin, TX

The rent/month doesn't seem to match up to how nice the place looks in the pictures. too good to be true?

Asked by meganheseman, Austin, TX Thu Feb 2, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://=www.trulia.com/rental/3074827862-Single-Family-Home-Austin-… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/rental/3074827862-Single-Family-Home-A…

Answers

9
I sent an email directly to the agent who posted this. I doubt I will get a response... They are just phising for business. If I get a response I will report it to Texas Assocation of Realtors .... Best to get a real estate professional to help you ........... the fee is paid by the landlord. Contact Keller Williams, Coldwell Banker, JB Goodwin real estate or me?

Thanks and best of luck to you!

Nanci Zimmerman
Associate Broker
Team West Real Estate
nancizimmerman@yahoo.com
512-784-8692
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 2, 2012
It looks like the link to the property has been disabled due to the property being removed. Always trust your instincts they are usually right. File this under Too Good To Be True.
Hi Megan,
You have good instincts, just like our daughter, Meaghan does. She's part of the Yelp crowd that has maximum input on everything before they do anything. She lives in E Austin "Hipster" territory and works downtown.
You'll be best served by selecting a REALTOR to represent just you.
That's what will save you time, money and endless aggravation trying to do it alone.
Let Alice and I know if we can help. Check out our site and get to know us.
All our best to you!
I agree it appears suspect without Brokerage info. Often properties that appear to good to be true are priced in error, maybe missing a digit typo or someone fishing for clients. Buyer beware. I suggest you contact a specific realtor to assist you. In Texas the seller pays the Realtor fee. So there is no reason for you not to have help. Remember the listing agent works for the seller, so please get your own Realtor to assist you.
cheers,
Betina
Hi, Megan.
Map shows a point in the Georgian Acres neighborhood. I seriously doubt any home in this neighborhood has a kitchen and bath as portrayed in the photos. So the rent might work for this neighborhood, though the property is going to look a lot different.

You are correct in being suspicious..If its too good to be true it ususally is..

Warmest Regards,

Vanessa Nunez
VOX Real Estate, LLC
Listing does not have the brokerage or full agent name, that is the biggest thing besides the price. Definitely suspect.
Obviously fraudulent. Rents in Austin are thru the roof. Your basic 3 bed, 2 bath home in the outskirts for less than $1000 is non-existent. Report them.
I'd say this looks very suspicious. Looks like a potentially fraudulent ad to me.