Property Q&A in Mundelein>Question Details

nickellpam, Home Buyer in Mundelein, IL

The picture of this home looks like a townhouse. Is this a TH or a single family dwelling and is it on the lake?

Asked by nickellpam, Mundelein, IL Sun Feb 3, 2013

my email is nickellpam@yahoo.com

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Illinois/Mundelein/sold/1181527-…

Answers

5
hi I'm Lois Reeves a real estate broker assoc. in Long Grove I previously worked for the architect/developer who buildt & designed this property and IT IS Lake Front property on Diamond Lake. the units are large with a open
floor plan, contemporary style, private decks and I believe each has a 1 car garage and /or assigned parking. The development has a pier,private sand beach and most units have their own slip. this is a great asking price for that development. It is my understanding the units originally sold around the 250 to 300,000 dollar price range. I think this property is or was recently under contract. Please feel free to contact me
if I can be of further help
I don't have to have a power boat lake. Mine is not and I'm fine with it. I have an electric pontoon boat.
Single family on the water on a powerboat lake under $150k is not a likely scenario. I live in Ivanhoe, 2 miles from diamond lake and I did a search of waterfront in Mundelein up to 200k and one came back on small private lake on Gilmer rd. Grayslake has some to consider and few recently under contract.
I'm very familiar with Diamond Lake. Have been there many times. I am not looking for a TH. I live in Lindenhurst on Lake Linden right now and am looking to move closer to my family who live in the Mt. Prospect, Schaumburg area but, I still want to live on a lake but am looking to downsize on a mortgage and with the values of houses going down was hoping to find something more under $150,000.
townhome sold last july for 205k HOA is 318/month. Another one in that development just reduced to 185k if you like that area. its a motor boat lake, the closest skiable lake to Chicago.