Property Q&A in Tyler>Question Details

Phile, Home Buyer in Tyler, TX

The list price shown on this site is less than half the listing price of the Realtor whose sign is in the yard. Which price is correct?

Asked by Phile, Tyler, TX Sat Jun 16, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3070955720--Dressage-Ln-Ty…

Answers

6
I love being on Trulia and interacting with people here but for real estate listings you need to be on a site like realtor.com or a company such as mine (coldwellbanker.com) for accurate up to date information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 16, 2012
Always go with the listing agent price. Realtor.com website uploads on an hourly basis from the local Multiple Listing Service and local REALTOR boards. Trulia and Zillow show prior listings and "estimates of value" that are not accurate list prices. When in doubt, ask a local REALTOR or the listing agent! If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true! Good luck to you!
Its anybody's guess as to why the would put such a ridiculous price on there. Trulia picks up listings from lots of different places and they do not in any way monitor where those come from. RealtyTrac is a paid for site and if you click on the link it takes you to a sign in page with a "bait and hook" to try it free for 7 days. If you'll notice on the listing by RealtyTrac it doesn't list that as the sales price it clearly states that its "market value" and it also has incorrect square footage. Clearly another "bait and hook" tactic. I bet if you actually tried the site it would give you more accurate information. You'd be surprised at how many people will accept that as reality with out using common sense and questioning things such as yourself.
Web Reference: http://realedgere.com
Sometimes things get lost in translation. The realtor will have the correct price. I have seen rental homes show up at homes for sale on different sites. So, it will say 3/2 for 1200. Happy hunting.
The ad on Trulia is wrong then.
I see this a lot.
Not sure where they get the data sometimes.

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134
If it is the REO home I think you are referring to, it was listed for $450K and has a contract pending; scheduled to close at the end of July. I am not sure where the $179K price originated. thank you