Property Q&A in 98133>Question Details

jason98133, Home Owner in Seattle, WA

The King County Quit Claim Deed has a lot of blanks. I dont know what info to put into them. I looked for examples and have not found any that help.

Asked by jason98133, Seattle, WA Mon Jan 14, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


HI jason98133,

I strongly recommend you have an attorney draft your Quit Claim Deed. It is a simple document, so the attorney fees will be minimal.

I have seen many people, in my over 20 years as a Realtor, mess up their title to their properties with inaccurate legal documents. Then the legal fees to clean up the mess you create with wrongly drafted and mistakenly recorded documents can be huge, especially if there is an estate and family members involved, or a sale in the future. By the way, the Quit Claim Deed should be recorded.

I can recommend real estate attorneys if you'd like.

Warm Regard,s
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
Thanks all, I contacted an attorney and she brought up a lot of other things that need done at the same time. You all saved me from a lot of pain. Banks calling the loan due, IRS fees. All that will be avoided now! Thank you thank you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
You've received some good answers below. The title company that provides title insurance for your property may be able to answer some questions, as mentioned earlier. I can add another resource; escrow officers. Escrow officers routinely deal with Quit Claim Deeds. There are also subscription-type legal services for which you pay an annual fee for services. If you're low-income there are free (or sliding scale) legal services. The best advice is to seek out the assistance of an attorney. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 20, 2013
If you have a relationship with a Realtor they may be able to connect you with their Title Insurance representative. Some title companies may provide that service for a small fee.

The surest way is to use a real estate attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 15, 2013
Not only will consulting an attorney make sure the blanks are filled out right, but it will also help make sure you actually want to use a quit claim deed. There may be adverse tax or other legal consequences to your plan that you should know about before doing something possibly irreversible.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 15, 2013
The best advice I can give you to be sure you are filling it out right is consult an attorney. Hope this helps.
Cathy Wahlin
Windermere Real Estate/PSK
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 14, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer