Johnhargrave1,  in Baltimore, MD

Sq Ft listed is 600 more ft than listed it is now correct at 3000 how much will this increase price and when. Thanks

Asked by Johnhargrave1, Baltimore, MD Sun Feb 17, 2013

This question was asked from this property:…

If you have not already been approved by a lender, I would be happy to run numbers for you to let you know how much you can qualify for.

Feel free to call, write or text if you have any questions!

The first step in the home buying process is to get pre-approved for your mortgage. You can start this by going to my online link. Click here and enter your information so I can run numbers for you:… .
After you hit SUBMIT, I will be able to access your information through our secure website and will run figures for you right away.

This does not obligate you to use Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, although we do appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

I am looking forward to working with you and helping you get the keys to your new home!

Catherine Purcell
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Cell 202 573-6035

I'm not sure what your question really is, but changing the sq. ft. on a website like Trulia doesn't change value in any way. The listing you see here is more than likely the one that they pulled when you had your house on the market last year for a short period.

If you want anyone to reflect a change in sq. ft. on the tax record, that would be the responsibility of the City. Be careful though, that could also trigger an increase in taxes.

Rich Iarossi
Long and Foster Real Estate, Inc.
Hi John,

The square ft doesn't increase a homes value. The best indicator of value is what the buyer and seller agree upon as a sales price. Respectfully, there are multiple assessments to view: the tax assessment, an appraisal and popular opinion in the market. Think about it. The tax assessment is intended to help generate tax revenue. Would you say that's a true representation of value? I wouldn't. Appraisals generally are done for the bank to protect the lender in case of default. Would you say that's a true representation of value? I wouldn't. The assessment favors the bank; while helping to ensure a consumer doesn't overpay or the home isn't in subpar condition it doesn't account for what a ready, willing and able buyer will buy for and what the seller agrees to sale for. Until buyer and seller agree on price, we have no solid proof of what any home is worth. Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to call me with questions at 410-499-7279.