Property Q&A in Truckee>Question Details

J.giuseffi, Home Buyer in Truckee, CA

So,, you say it may be sub dividable. Does that mean the seller may accept $200K for 7.5 acres?

Asked by J.giuseffi, Truckee, CA Fri Feb 8, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/1081479727-PARCEL-1-Parcel-1-Thomas… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/1081479727-PARCEL-1-Parcel-1-…

Answers

6
This property is zoned for 7 1/2 acre parcels but subdividing would need to be verified by the Town of Truckee. The utilities are at the bottom of the road and would need to be brought up to the building site approximately 200' to 300'. This beautiful property will most likely be used for someone's dream home with beautiful views of Donner Lake. Let me know if I can help you further.
The property you inquired about has the potential for being subdivided in the future, so, currently half can not be sold in a manner that would provide you with sole ownership of half the parcel . There are things you should consider when purchasing land, such as the availability of utilities and the cost to bring those utilities to the building site. All of these factors can add substantially to the the cost of developing the parcel.

I have a parcel listed that is just over 5 acres with the access road paved , well installed and electric available on the site. The lot is surrounded by other 5+ acre parcels with quick access to National Forest, biking and hiking trails and quick access to downtown Truckee and all the major ski areas. Please call me for more details about the site and building plans and costs. Phyllis Watson 530-448-6621

MLS # 20120844 12996 TImber RIdge Court , Truckee CA.
It is not subdivided yet..
You should talk with Nevada County about subdividing a parcel. I've done it before and it's a lengthy process but it can be profitable. I would say you never know what the seller will take for a piece of property until they have an offer in writing. That's when the negotiating starts happening. Property is still selling for very low prices because you can still buy for cheaper than you can build. This may not be the cast for logs. Get it while the price is still low and money is cheap!
Zoning on this property allows for a division or parcel split. There is a process involved with doing a parcel split to legally create a smaller parcel. I am familiar with this process, as I completed one twenty years ago.

As to the seller accepting half the money for half the parcel, it might be worth asking in a written offer. A transfer of title of half of the property would require the whole parcel to become two parcels for clear title. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about the property or doing a parcel split. My email is shorn@dicksonrealty.com or phone 530-412-0449
Best Wishes on your property search,
Thanks for the quick response, Sandy.
Flag Fri Feb 8, 2013
I would have to say that the answer to this question is no. If you purchased the entire parcel and made the arrangements to subdivide it (assuming it really is subdividable) you could then sell half of it, for how much, I don't know.