Jbbs2007, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Small 4 bedroom 3 bath vs. larger master suite 3 bedroom 3 bath home.

Asked by Jbbs2007, Jacksonville Beach, FL Sun Oct 11, 2009

I have a 4 bedroom 3 bath home with a very small master 10x16 and tiny bathroom. I am considering removing a wall (not a load bearing wall) between two of the bedrooms to make a larger master suite 20x14 and larger master bath with walk in closet. Which would be more desirable to buyers a 4 bedroom 3 bath with a tiny master or a 3 bedroom 3 bath with a more modern master. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

1
Dear Jbbs2007,

The real driver here to answer your question is how happy you and your family will be with the renovations. In the past, many homeowners made renovations, such as granite counters, and hardwood flooring in the anticipation of getting 100% of the costs recaptured at the time of sale. This is no longer a guaranteed thing.

Updating an older home will always make it more attractive at the time of sale - the key is not to over-improve the property.

Carol Zingone
Broker Associate
Prudential Network Realty
904/993-9048
Web Reference: http://www.carolzingone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 11, 2009