Property Q&A in 45240>Question Details

jcbraun145, Home Owner in Cincinnati, OH

Should I or Shouldn't I buy the land connected to my yard?

Asked by jcbraun145, Cincinnati, OH Mon Jun 3, 2013

Last week the older man that lives behind us asked me if I would be interested in buying some of his 5 acres. I live in a subdivision and have .33 acres now. He lives off of a busy road but the part of his land I would buy is about 300-500 feet away from the road. I would like to buy about 2 acres with a lake. But I am not sure if the value will be worth it. Will the land be worth more now that it is attached to home in a subdivision instead of a busier street? Who do I need to contact about this? Will the lake add to home insurance cost?

Answers

3
I would be more than happy to do a market analisys on the property. Please contact me at 513-442-9083 or rharrison@cutlerhomes.com. This will help you with your answer.
The firest value is to determine what he wants to sell the land for and what are you willing to pay. After you have agreed upon a sale price. Get an appraiser to tell you what tvalue. This way you and the seller will both have a professional opinion.
But I am not sure if the value will be worth it. Will the land be worth more now that it is attached to home in a subdivision instead of a busier street?

It would be best to hire a Licensed appraiser to look at this with you.

Who do I need to contact about this? As Above

Will the lake add to home insurance cost? Talk to your current Insurance agent who has provided your home owners Insurance