Property Q&A in Philadelphia>Question Details

Mc4ppl, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Should I get an abandoned property permit?

Asked by Mc4ppl, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jan 3, 2014

Sorry if this isn't the place for this question.I own a house in West Philadelphia that no one lives in.The house isn't in the greatest shape for renting out or selling at the moment,but I'm still paying for utilities.Should I get an abandoned property permit for the house ?Would this cause more of a financial burden or open up the possibility of the city taking over the property?Thanks

Answers

3
First of all if you maintain the house like cut grass,pay taxes and be sure to maintain the heat at 55 degrees to keep the water pipes from freezing If your interested I'll be happy to meet with you or someone one of your choosing to do a walk though and do a free CMA and ask my investors if there is any interest Please call me ay 267-934-1971

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
Market Force Realty
801 W. Street Rd
Feasterville, PA 19153
866-993-8585
267-934-1971
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
I do recommend you get a vacant residential property license, the cost is $150 and you can get it from the city website. The only way the City can cause you a burden is if you are behind in taxes and water, it could go to tax sale. If you are interested in selling this property please contact me and I can offer a Free consultation and try to provide you with good advice.

Michael P. Cohen
Associate Broker
RE/MAX Access
1033 N. 2nd Street 5Th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Direct Line: 610-642-0347
Office: 215-400-2615
Greenfax: 610-680-3688
mskj@comcast.net
If it has four walls and door I'm sure it's in shape to sell! There is always someone out there looking to get a deal on a place. I own a shell also in Germantown and would recommend it! If you are also interested in selling it. Contact me so we can go over options! Thanks in Advance-TB