Property Q&A in 85718>Question Details

Investtucson, Both Buyer and Seller in Tucson, AZ

Seeking a non "flipper" real estate agent

Asked by Investtucson, Tucson, AZ Tue Mar 20, 2012

I've been on this forum many times contemplating whether to continue working with my agent or not. I have received some great advice from many of you, and I did follow it. Unfortunately, at this point I have no shred of doubt that it’s time to part ways with my agent. The conflict of interest issue keeps on growing bigger by the day since he started flipping houses as well. I'm here to inquire about the best way to find a non-"flipper" agent; an agent that I will feel is playing on my team rather than a competitor of mine. Due to the fact that I buy and sell houses way more frequently than the average Joe, I would be seeking the 2% selling commission rate rather than the standard 3%, I know that the volume will make up for the difference without a doubt.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

24
While many agents may have a few properties, those agents that are "in it to flip it" rarely have time to be good Realtor's to others.

You want a good Realtor--why aren't you willing to pay a good Realtor what they are worth?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 21, 2012
You're going to have a lot if agents to choose from, and I'd like to add my name to your list. I am not an investor myself and can assure you that I would have only your interests in mind. I would also be happy to negotiate a commission which would work for both of us.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 20, 2012
Hi Invest

I have answered several of your questions in the past. Please click on my profile & give me a call if you are interested in working with me. What an agent charges on a listing is negotiable & chemistry is very important when working with an agent.

Best of luck.
Spirit
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 20, 2012
I have the ideal agent person for you...call me....Dan...909-726-4058
I would be happy to help you out with your terms in mind. I am not a flipper agent but I do have the experience to guide you in flipping and have been selling in Tucson for over 14 years. Prior to my real estate carrier in Tucson, I owned an interior design and remodeling company and a real estate investment company in Denver, Colorado for over 23 years. I purchased and flipped plus worked with clients. I have been an investor in real estate for over 35 years but I have had no interest in personally fixing and flipping since moving to Tucson in 1997 yet I could assist you with finding the right property to invest in. Please contact me at: 520-440-4990 or email me: kathleen.anderson@sothebysrealty.com. I will look forward to hearing from you.
I think it would be worthwhile considering using a buyer's agent for your purchases and a different agent for your sales to avoid conflicts I am a Tucson native and have practiced law here as a real estate attorney for 20 years and have purchased many residential investment properties in the past but am no longer in the market for more property.

Your concern about conflicts in the real estate business is valid. I am the broker of my own company and have no allegiance to anyone other than my clients. If you would like to work with an accredited buyer's agent, I would be happy to assist you with your purchases.

Ilene Sipe
Broker, Tucson Sun Real Estate Services
520-241-4096
http://www.ilenesipe.com
I would be your Agent, simply becouse I do Real Estate full time.. my goal is to make my Clients feel very special, which they are.. I am a hard working person commited to my Clients to give my best customer service
at my best. give me a call and we can talk.

Thank you.
Ana Verdugo
HomeSmart
602-301-5397
averdugo06@gmail.com
And, if you are looking for a great lender with whom to work, I do so for 1.25% of loan amount. Also, if you are buying unusual properties we should talk about our Capital Group, which will lend up to 100% of "As Completed". It is a credit-based decision, not equity, so you must qualify for a regular take-out. Too many details for this forum, so give me a call. Bill.
I have been working with investors for about six years. Customer service is on top of my list. All the investors I currently work with are buying to rent not flip. I would love the opportunity to work with a flipper. I can give you their number if you want to call them up to see how satisfy they are.
Grace Adewumi
Realty One Group
602-769-0890
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
If you are looking for the guy who can make you money, here I am, this market was built for me. I have purchased and resold over 500 reo and short sale properties in the last 10 years. I look at 50-100 properties a week, I am an expert in rentals, leasing, multi-unit, commercial, anything for the investor. My network is massive; I get calls almost daily with deals and have plucked the best off of mls over the last 10 years for myself and my clients. I am a hard-nosed negotiator and frequently steel properties from banks for my clients. When you get beat out on a home run deal, chances are I am involved. Over 50% off my investor clients are other local agents, 90% of what I do never hits mls or the open market. You would have no competition from me as I only buy apartments now as after owning over 200 houses, I'm kind of sick of them. I am a money train, you want to make money, hop on.
If you are looking for discount fees, I am not your guy. Not only would I not discount below 3% on a resale I charge a minimum commission on purchases as I cannot live on 3% of an 18k deal. If you are a guy who can understand that quality agency has a reasonable rate, I am a guy who can explode your business.

Anyone who wants to make money just CALLMIKE
You should ask your friends and coworkers for a referral to a great agent. That's the best way to find someone who has proven their worth.

If that doesn't lead you to someone who is knowledgeable and trustworthy, I would be happy to discuss how I approach home buying and selling and see whether my style is compatible with yours. I have eight rentals in the UofA area, but I haven't bought an investment since 2001, and I don't want to.

Please check out my blog http://www.SweetDesertHome.com to learn more about my 17 year career as a real estate investor and advisor in Tucson.
Biggest bang for your buck, guaranteed. How much volume did you do last year, what's your average price point? Your objectives? What is your business plan. If you have your plans clearly outlined - I can possibly assist you completing your goals. Clearly the revenue has to be there to make it worthwhile.
Let me know how I may assist you. My strength is value and analyzing how to get the best bang for your buck.
I'm not a flipper but I do summersaults for my clients... 850-2250!
I liked your answer the best.
Flag Wed Mar 21, 2012
I am not currently a "flipper". I have however flipped several homes in my real estate career so I know what to look for. I am the broker and owner of Wildcat Realty and we offer a flat fee listing program that would allow you to sell these properties for a flat fee that typically is less than the 2% that you are willing to offer your listing agent. My flat fee listings offer all the amenities of a “normal” listing. This is a full service listing, not a listing service that disappears after the sign goes up. You receive everything you would expect from a quality Realtor. Give me a call or send me an email and we can further discuss your needs. You can find more information on my flat fee listings by visiting my website.

Sam Zobrest, Owner/Broker
(520) 312-8032
sam@realtywildcats.com
My real estate objective is to make your real estate goals a reality not mine. I consider it unethical to pursue any property that my client has an interest in. As for commissions it is written that ALL fees paid to a REALTOR are negotiated between Broker and Client. We need to meet. THX D.L.
I agree with a below comment. Every agent in Tucson is going to be jumping at this post. My suggestion...get a referral for an agent from a trusted friend, interview them to make sure your personalities match up. If you like the person and they like you, they'll work their tushie off for you. :-) Best of luck to you!
I have been a real estate agent for over 26 years and always put my clients interests before my own. This philosophy has enabled me to sleep well at night and get valuable referrals throughout the years. I take great pride in finding the needle in the haystack and helping my clients acheive their goals. One of my flippers I started working with 3 years ago and would list for 1.5 on my end. They now voluntarily pay me 3% because of the great service I provide. I am very candid when evaluating properties as I like my clients to make good well-informed decisions. I will be the first to say "walk away". If you would like to work with an agent that will promote your best interest then give me a call and we can talk about your needs,wants and desires and see if I can satisfy them. I look forward to hearing from you.
Brenda Waddell
Old Adobe Realty
520-977-0801
If you are looking for a large number of agents to contact you, you posed a great question. I have my own stipulations when working with investors. If you would like to discuss them please contact me.

Matt Puzz
West USA Realty Revelation
602-410-9333
I'd love to help an investor of your caliber. While I'm not an investor realtor I would love to learn more about it while still finding you great investment opportunities. I would even drop my listing commission to 1.5% if you could teach me a few things. Feel free to call 247-6352 or email msanchez@kw.com.
I don't flip houses and would be happy to discuss your needs.
what can I help you with?
If you're for real? Contact Arizona Real Estate Depot . 520. 225.0649 If you're an investor and paying 2% you're paying too much!!!!
Brace yourself -- get ready for an avalanche of agents attempting to throw their hat into the ring!

Personally, I just checked - and I do not have any flippers that resemble a dolphin. :-)
Give me a call 444-9183 and we can discuss.