Property Q&A in Humble>Question Details

roelster8, Home Buyer in Humble, TX

RECENTLY VIEWED A CENTEX HOME IN FALL CREEK FOR 155K. GOT A GREAT FEELING OF THE COMMUNITY. ANY REVIEWS ON CENTEX, OR INSIGHT ON FALL CREEK?

Asked by roelster8, Humble, TX Mon Jun 4, 2012

ALSO, COULD I EXPECT MY HOME TO APPRECIATE IN VALUE?

Answers

7
Fall Creek is a master planned community located near the Beltway 8 & Highway 59 North. Fall Creek offers various home builders such as; Ryland Homes, Plantation Homes, Meritage Homes, Parkwood Builders, Huntington, DR Horton, Triumph Homes, Highland Homes, Pulte Homes, Centex. Centex homes are owned by Pulte Group and also build Pulte Homes. When you buy their homes, you are encouraged to use their own mortgage company, Pulte Mortgage.

Fall Creek is a great community to raise a family. I recently sold a home here and the buyers couldn't be happier, because of all the kid friendly ammenities and friendly community. Their commute to downtown is less stressful and more convenient now that they can just take 59 or the Beltway.

The Homeowners Association dues are $950 per year which are more than other communities, but it's expected because of their commitment to keeping the neighborhood attractive and well maintained, which overall leads to increased property values.

Fall Creek is also home to the Redstone Golf Club which has hosted the PGA TOUR's Shell Houston Open with three great years on the Member Course and the past four years on a newly crafted Tournament Course.

If you don't already have a buyer's agent, it's important to work with an agent that will protect your interests in your home purchase.
Web Reference: http://www.amandahomes.com
garzaroel22@yahoo.com is my email
Starting from $138,990
2,394 Square Feet
5 Bedrooms / 3 Bathrooms
2 Story Home

After some options the price came to around 155K.
I could look up values for the past years if you will give me a little more information to work with. (ie. sq ft in particular). That site had some pretty poor reviews, but for being a nationwide company and minimal negativity (86 comments) I don't think too badly of the comments. I suppose if anyone has derogatory remarks to say, what better way to do it than posting on the internet. Send me an email, if you will, and I will pull some past CMA's for you and give you a better idea of this neighborhood.

Thanks!

texanrealtors@hotmail.com

Carolyn Adams
832-526-5536
THE AMENITIES IS WHAT WE REALLY LIKED ABOUT FALL CREEK. WE WORK IN PASADENA AND THE MEDICAL CENTER AND FALL CREEK IS A REASONABLE DISTANCE TO & FROM. IM JUST CURIOUS AS TO HOW THE HOMES IN FALL CREEK HAVE MAINTENED THEIR VALUE OVER THE LAST FEW YRS. ANY IDEA WHERE I COULD LOOK INTO THIS?
Although I'm sure you will hear the good and bad with ANY home builder; I thought this site would be helpful for you. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/housing/centex.html

With any house, you should hire a licensed inspector to identify any potential problems.
Fall Creek is a great community to be in. It's a straight shot to just about any freeway and very close to IAH airport. The Shell Houston Open is held at their golf course if you are into golf. What exactly are you looking for?