Property Q&A in 66701>Question Details

Ks Resident, Other/Just Looking in Fort Scott, KS

Purchased acreage only, no improvements, in KS which is land locked. What is Kansas law concerning access/easement to reach the property?

Asked by Ks Resident, Fort Scott, KS Wed May 18, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


You might want to go back to your agent, the listing, and your title company. Was it disclosed to you that the property was landlocked? Your title policy may show if there is an easement. The title company may also be able to see if the easement is on one of the surrounding properties and just doesn't show on yours.

I did you get to the property to view it? Why on earth did you buy first and then look for the easement after?

Good luck. Hopefully, you have cooperative neighbors. If not, you may end up having to get an attorney to see if you can get a "easement of necessity".
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 19, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer