Property Q&A in Levittown>Question Details

britt0316, Home Buyer in Levittown, NY

Our lease is up at the end of June and we are interested in buying a home (probably around the Levittown area). When should we start looking?

Asked by britt0316, Levittown, NY Mon Dec 3, 2012

Answers

2
Hi Britt, if I were you I would proceed as follows. In January I would get pre-approved by whichever lender you prefer, then you will know exactly what you can afford and you can put in offers if you see something you like. Then I would interview a few buyer's agents until I found the right one. The right one should be only taking what the seller offers as their total compensation, not sign you to an exclusive agreement, be a full time agent, and be available to show you homes on your schedule. Then I would have my agent e-mail me current inventory in my price range and with whatever else I specify (number of bedrooms, bathrooms, ranch, hi ranch, basement, no basement, garage, etc.) as well as recent sold listings so you can develop a feel for the market. In February I would start visiting homes with my agent and continue until you find the right one. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
You can begin now by researching/visiting all areas of interest to you; if purchasing with a mortgage have your financials ready/ set, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously; also choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide....