Property Q&A in 92118>Question Details

Toomey, Home Owner in Coronado, CA

Our home at 430 J Ave., Coronado, CA 92118 is incorrectly described...how do we input correct info?

Asked by Toomey, Coronado, CA Mon Jan 24, 2011

Answers

3
Hi Mrs. Toomey,

Out of curiosity what sort of incorrect information are you receiving and where are you obtaining this information? Your particular home is on a standard 25' x 140' lot in the Coronado Village (I actually used to live across the alley on Alameda :-)

When a property is listed on the MLS the information is syndicated through 3rd party sites like Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, etc.

Depending on what information you're receiving in error, be it lot size per tax assessor, incorrect size of the home, etc there are ways to correct it.

Dino Morabito, SRES
Real Living Napolitano Real Estate
939 Orange Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118

President - Coronado Real Estate AssOciation - 2011
Realtor of the Year- 2010 (C.R.E.A.)
Hi Toomey,
I checked the MLS for your address and unless you are keeping it off the MLS, I'm going to assume your home not currently for sale. Is the error in Trulia? If it's in Trulia...they have great customer service and will be glad to help you out to get the data corrected. All their contact info is at the bottom of each page.

IF there is incorrect information in the tax data (incorrect lot size, zoning etc.), that is an issue to take up with the San Diego County Recorder's Office. It may be an easily correctable typo (the clerks are doing more with less time as we all are...) or there may be an error that could cause problems in the future if you wanted to sell.
I suggest going to the Recorder's office and seeing what they have on record. Be prepared to show ID and some proof of residency and/or ownership of your home. Also, you'll probably have to pay to get a copy of the deed and the recorded documents.
Here is the address for the recorder's office:
1600 Pacific Hwy San Diego, CA 92101 - (619) 236-3771

I hope this is helpful! Have a great week!

Mary Lawler, Realtor
Realty Executives Advantage
DRE license # 01446152
619-857-5881
mlawler@realtyexecutives-sd.com
Web Reference: http://www.marylawler.com

If your home is for sale, your agent can make the necessary changes to ensure accuracy. If not, contact the trulia customer service team, they should be able to help you out. Good luck!