Property Q&A in Antioch>Question Details

bent-1arrow, Home Buyer in Winters, CA

Not too long ago I was informed that this was to go into foreclosure and that it was to be sold at the county sheriffs auction

Asked by bent-1arrow, Winters, CA Tue Sep 18, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Antioch/sold/1547636-…

Answers

3
This property was sold at Trustee Sale on 11/29/12. I would be happy to answer any questions on properties you find on the internet or elsewhere. You can contact me directly at 925 584-6448 or email me at LorenaSellsContraCostaHomes@gmail.com
And to give further weight to what Neil says about the banks' changing attitude, it is now becoming commonplace for the banks to pro-actively contact homeowners who are under water and struggling to meet payments with the suggestion that they consider a short sale.

Times are very different from where they were a year or two ago.
This property WAS scheduled for trustee's sale (foreclosure) for Aug 30th. It did not go to auction on that date.As of now there is no new date. It is very common for the bank that holds the note/lien to postpone at least the first few auction dates. Either the bank is not truly ready to foreclose or in most cases doesn't really want to. So it gets postponed until it gets to condition critical and the bank finally decides that foreclosure is inevitable. I've seen some trustee sales get postponed as many as 8 times and each time they usually push it out one month at a time.

Also, the banks typically postpone trustee sales when the owner is in the middle of attempting a loan modification. In fact there is a new law in CA that prohibits banks from "double tracking". Which is the practice of pursuing both a loan mod and a trustee sale at the same time. So if they decide to listen to your loan mod request they must suspend the foreclosure process. Note that I said "suspend" and not stop. If a loan mod fails the foreclosure process picks up at exactly however many days into it that it was initially.

In the last 12 months there has been a very radical shift in the bank's attitudes towards foreclosures. In truth they never really wanted all the foreclosures but now they are doing everything possible to avoid them. Banks are strongly promoting alternate options such as loan mods and short sales. And we are seeing that truth play out right now in the severe shortage of homes for sale. In the Bay Area the foreclosure market is now only about 15% of the listings and dwindling every day. The days of bank owned sales are almost over IN THE BAY AREA. I can't speak as to other regions.

Anytime any of you out there would like up to date and timely info on subjects such as this you are all welcome to contact me directly at 925-382-7294 or just click my Trulia profile and shoot me an email. Cheers.