Property Q&A in Chapel Hill>Question Details

snuckols2, Home Buyer in Chapel Hill, NC

Neighborhood pool? Swim Team

Asked by snuckols2, Chapel Hill, NC Tue Jun 12, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/North_Carolina/Chapel_Hill/sold/…

Answers

5
I can't you details but I know that swimming activities are very much part of Chapel Hill & Carrboro. The Chapel Hill park with the great indoor pool that is open 363 days a year! Try the Chapel Hill website for more information. There are two Y's with pools and several condo communities with pools like the one where I live, The Oaks. Plus, of course, the CH Golf Club with a sophisticated pool set up along with other outdoor activities. Best wishes, Charles
No neighborhood pool, but close to "Y" and Chapel Hill Parks and rec pool which the high school uses for swim team practice. Hope this helps. Glenn
Not knowing if your interest is in a summer swimteam or a winter team or both or just a place to swim in summer , I have addressed all of these.

For winter swim team there is the YMCA and there is Tar Heels Aquatic Club (THAT) (which practices at both Hollow Rock's pool (bubbled lap pool in winter) on the Chapel Hill-Durham border and the Sportsplex in Hillsborough). THAT is the more serious of the 2 teams. They're both good but if you're looking for more laid-back/not quite as competitive, that's the YMCA team.

For much more laid back summer swim team atmosphere, there are several choice in town. The two are Hollow Rock (they have a lap pool which is bubbled in winter and open in summer; a summer pool for recreation; and a very good tennis program. The other is Chapel Hill Swim Club--similar set up but no lap pool for winter/summer lap swimmers.

Then there is the pool at Meadowmont which is open to the public either daily or as a membership and is not as expensive as the pools above. It also has a swimteam. It is very busy in summer though b/c people can pay by the day so may people just show up on hot days.

There is Southern Village's and the Oaks that have a pool also. Another option is The Exchange it is a very basic pool with no frills that you can join as a member very inexpensive but I do believe they have a wait list for membership and these all have swim teams.

If someone in your family is affiliated with UNC, you can join a pool called The Farm andif affiliated with Duke there is also a Duke Faculty Club.

If you're looking for a nice club with amenities Chapel Hill Swim Club and Hollow Rock are two that you will want to inquire of first. There is also a Masters Swim Team at Hollow Rock with morning and noon practices for Adult Swimmers.

If you are looking for a home within a community that has swimming pool please let me know and I will be glad to help with that as well. If you have additional questions I will be glad to help with that also. My two children who are now young adults were on summer swim teams and some of their friends went on to receive college scholarships as they were in the top swimmers in the state.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker - HPW 919-491-2826
This home has a private pool, but there isn't a neighborhood pool with a swim team. However, there are various private clubs you can join such as the Chapel Hill Tennis Club or Chapel Hill Country Club that do have swim teams.
This particular home is not in a neighborhood with amenities.

A couple of neighborhoods in Chapel Hill with pools and swim teams would be Southern Village, Stoneridge and Meadowmont to give you some idea.

If you would like more information about homes in Chapel Hill, I would be happy to answer any questions.

Please feel free to call or email me.

Desiree