Property Q&A in Surprise>Question Details

Lauren, Home Buyer in North Scottsdale, Sc...

Need some information about Prasada/ Marley Park in Surprise.

Asked by Lauren, North Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ Sat May 2, 2009

When will the first stages of Prasada be built in Surprise? What is going to be built on the farm land at Waddell & Reems Rd? Retail or residential? How will it effect the home values at Marley Park...traffic, etc? Will the 303 proposed expansion help with the commute to Phoenix? Anyone's educated opinion will be helpful. Thank you!

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/nearby/sold/Arizona/Surprise/z-15/t-G_…

Answers

2
Lauren Prasada is a collaboration of housing, commercial facilities a Power Center (500,000+ of retail space) and a mall. According to the latest information the housing, commercial facilities and Power Center will slowly be opened between now and 2011. There has been no official opening date for the mall itself. I could be before 2011 or after all of the other supporting housing and retail space is completed. For more information go to http://www.Prasada.com and look at the FAQ. To put it in perspective I believe Goodyear will have their Estrella Falls Mall and Power Center opened by 2010 and that is going to really slow down Prasada in my opinion. People in Surprise can just drive 10 to 15 minutes south and go to Estrella Falls Mall.

You can contact the City of Surprise and find out from their zoning commission what is planned on the farm land at Waddell & Reems. This is one of the best ways to know for sure when you hear it directly from the department who oversees land development.

It is unknown how the land values of Marley Park will be effected. You would want to investigate it yourself, but I believe Marley Park has many unfinished home sites that many builders after going bankrupt did not finish. (West and SouthWest side of subdivision) Therefore it is an unfinished community and another home builder or custom builder would have to come and buy up the lots and build homes. This could be a challenge with the land use probably already designated as what size home and the number of homes that can be built.

In my personal opinion every time we open a freeway anywhere in the valley it is instant full of traffic. Of course in general freeways move traffic more efficiently compared to stop and go traffic of driving through the city.

Lauren, have you considered some of the larger homes in Sierra Montana subdivision or looked at homes in Waddell? Waddell is between Surprise and Goodyear with mountain views. Or are you considering the idea of work, play and live within walking, biking distance aka the Prasada concept?

I have been a valley resident since 1971. Surprise is a nice up and coming community with a lot of room for expansion. I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Donald Keys
623-337--8965 Ext.1

** MUST SELL ** SURPRISE BANK REPO HOMES - Updated daily!
http://www.SurpriseAZRepos.com
Web Reference: http://www.TheKeysTeam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 3, 2009
I don't know if you have visited this area lately, but they are putting in the water, sewer, power, curb and doing construction on the roads to add more lanes and turning lanes. This is the first part of any commercial delevopment. The area from Cotton Lane to Sarival / Greenway to Cactus is all commercial. From Waddell to Cactus this area expands over to Reems.

The expansion of the 303 will bring more traffic to the area and will be needed because as you create more business opportunities and better roads people follow. I believe people will actually see better traffic control in Surprise once these buildings are finished. People in Surprise have to travel to neighboring cities and back if they want to shop. Once we have our own shopping people won't need to travel Bell Rd and drive to Arrowhead or other areas to shop.

I believe home prices in Surprise are going to climb. Surprise has lower prices because it is so far out and it doesn't offer anything to people. Once Surprise has the shopping, the resturants, the car dealerships, and the freeways it will become a great city. I would expect the Marley Park area to compare to the Arrowhead area in the next 7-10 years.