Camille, Home Owner in East Flatbush, Brook...

My sister wants to be paid out and give me a quitclaim deed when my mom gives us a house. What's the best way to do this and cost?

Asked by Camille, East Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY Mon Apr 9, 2012

Value $400,000

Help the community by answering this question:


Dear Camille:

You need to have a lawyer help you to make sure there are no mistakes and that is the end of it! Make sure your lawyer in located in Brooklyn (assuming that is where the property is) and that he or she specializes in real estate & estate law. It would also help if they are experienced.

If you need help finding a good lawyer, let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 9, 2012
As you know, a quitclaim deed Is when the grantor (the owner of real property) transfers their interest to the grantee (person receiving it). This would most likely have to be done by your mom when she transfers the property over to you and your sister. I do not know your situation and am not an attorney, but I can refer you over to a very good lawyer who is extremely reasonable and works in your area.

Joe Sorrentino Esq.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 9, 2012
The best way is to consult with an attorney....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 9, 2012
contact a real estate attorney or title attorney so they can correctly file the paperwork.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 9, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer