Property Q&A in Philadelphia>Question Details

House Hunting, Home Buyer in Northridge, OH

My mom is suffering alzheimer, I currently have power of attorney. How do I go about getting my name added to the deed of her home?

Asked by House Hunting, Northridge, OH Wed Jan 26, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Just as everyone else has suggested, contact an Attorney. If you need to be referred to one I can put you with one we use in my office.

Warm Regards,

Keith J. Lawson
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 1, 2011
I agree with the others, you need an attorney to advise you. Adding your name to the title may or may not be a good idea.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 27, 2011
Robert L. Feliciani, III Esq. would be able to assist you; he specializes in estate planning and elder law. Contact him at 610.572.3904 or Good Hunting!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 26, 2011
Janet Amacher 215-699-9995 is an attorney in the Philadelphia suburbs. Depending on the terms of your power of attorney, she can advise you accordingly. I wish you the best

Ruth DiRienzo Whitehead
Keller Williams Real Estate
Cell: 215-280-3949
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 26, 2011
An attorney has to help you with this. When you are ready to sell, I buy a lot of estate homes in Philadelphia, so feel free to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 26, 2011
I would contact a real estate lawyer to handle this question.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 26, 2011
There is no "way to do it."

This is something that you must get an attorney that deals with this type of issue to do.

The county will not let you just record the deed in your name.

Good luck.

Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 26, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer